What is the cheapest alternative to get Voom

TJ22 said:
I have the america's top 180 seems some channels are on 61.5 but also seems some are mirrored on 110,119 or 148. Do you see anything in the list that would require them to install my secondary dish?

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/packages/at_150/index.asp?viewby=5&packid=10045&sortby=1
First might be the SkyAngel channels but this will cost you ($15 I think) more each month but I can't guarranty they will do a free install without comitment. But I can guarranty they won't do it for the public interest or Voom channels.

Second (not listed) there may be some additional locals that if you subscribe to would require a free upgrade. Example Chicago has some additional PBS, Ind and Spanish channels on 61.5 so if you subscribe you can claim free upgrade under the "must carry" rule.

I dont think there is any content I can subscribe to. My locals are out of pittsburgh. I am located in Morgantown, WV.

TJ22 said:
I have the pittsburgh channels and it seems there are no locals on there.

Well maybe
"Cornerstone TV (WPCB-TV 40 Pittsburgh, PA) CORNR 9712 32 61.5° E*3 Sky Angel"

But I am not sure what that channel is and whether or not I am supposed to get it.
You should already be getting it on ch 8137 from 110, and there are none that require an extra dish, so no free dish for you! :no I recall posting about this channel a few months ago when it was only at 61.5. Seems that's no longer the case. Sorry.

Moral of the story:
If you have additional locals on a separate satellite, ask for the extra dish now because the law requires that they be moved so they can be received by a single dish.

TJ22 said:
Ok here is my setup:

Dish 500 DP: 3 coaxes: "1", "2" & "LNB IN"

The is only 1 cable running from "1" to my basement where there is PVDP-2 diplexer.

This runs a 322 dual tuner which runs my livingroom and bedroom TVs.

So my question is the dish 300 what I need? And does it need to be DP? And how do I hook that up?
Don't forget to factor in the price of a Dish HD receiver. None of the SD receivers will even notice the HD channels. You need an 811 or 942. You can lease an 811 for $5/mo. in addition to the extra $14.99/mo. that the HD Pack + Voom originals will cost.

Foxbat said:
Don't forget to factor in the price of a Dish HD receiver. None of the SD receivers will even notice the HD channels. You need an 811 or 942. You can lease an 811 for $5/mo. in addition to the extra $14.99/mo. that the HD Pack + Voom originals will cost.

Yeah that would be great, EXCEPT they want $198 to hook it up and equipment fees along with the fact I would have to extend my contract for 2 more years.

It's a dish pointed at a second satellite. The 500 pan works fine -- that is what they gave me with an I bracket. If you have a Y bracket you must set skew=0 and choose (1) to get a straight or I bracket and expect slight adjustment from the nominal elevation, (2) to use one LNB only and change the azimuth by 4.5 degrees (you will be searching anyway) and maybe use a light elevation change. You should get more signal with a 500 pan than the 300 pan -- I get a better signal from 61.5 at 26-deg elev. than from 110 and 119, which are higher in the sky.
-Ken

JH1949 said:
(1) be sure to get your free 61.5 second dish for Nashville locals channels 39 and 66

(2) then after the installer gets reception and is getting ready to call it in, ask him to add HDPack and $5 more for Voom on Dish Network. You may be able to get HDPack at a discount for first 6 months or so.

http://www.voom.com/vhdo/index.jsp

(3) There used to be 21 channels on Voom when it was a separate company, now E* has part of channels with possibly the rest coming back next year.
I am moving, and they offered to add the 2nd dish, so I am going to do that.

I have a D500 with a DPP Twin. My neighbor quit E* and has a D500 with a DP Twin. He wants to give it to me. I want to point it at 148 for some missing locals.
Will the DP Twin work, being hooked up to the DPP Twin for 148? I mean just use either 119 or 110 of the DP Twin and connect it to the DPP Twin input?

ralfyguy said:
How many locations will it find in the check switch like this? Will the receiver be confused as soon as you uncover the 110 side?
Ya ever hear about the patient telling the doctor "it hurts when I do this"?

Do not uncover the 110 side. You're only asing for trouble down the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts