what is the DVR fee for?????

The fees for the 7100/7200 were all over the map. They started at $10/month, then had the "lifetime" fee, with "lifetime" later being interpreted as being 3 years. I picked mine up late in the life cycle for just $99 total with three free years of PVR support. Used it for four years and was never charged a cent of PVR fees. Then after I stopped using it, I got 8 free PPV coupons as hassle compensation.

All in all it was a great deal for me. And my 7100 was one of the rare trouble free ones. It worked better than my 942 does now.

Originally, Dish boasted that they did not charge a fee because they did not use TIVO, like D*. It was an advantage of E* over D*.

Then, they, all of a sudden, said they were going to start charging one. I heard they were saying they were going to charge the DVR fee, but charge less for the equipment.

Now, the DVR fee seems to be just more money in their pocket. The thing I hate is that they even went up on it.

DVR fees...another reason to "live in Canada."

M Sparks said:
I considered dropping some movies channels recently, but I would have had to pay a DVR fee that would have wiped out most or all of the savings.
AND you would have had to pay a "programming change" fee. :rolleyes: Anytime you drop programming, they charge this fee. BUT if you ADD programming, no such fee. Imagine that.

Personally, I think a class action lawsuit is in order. False advertisement. How many people are actually paying the prices they advertise after all of the fees kick in? :devil: