What is the future of 121?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NOHDjunkie

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 20, 2004
Lacombe La
I have a 121 superdish and my locals (New Orleans) were recently put on 110 rendering the 121 useless. I only need 110, 119, 61.5.

Will I need 121 in the future? HD? or will it be relegated to international programming like it is now.

I want to take the superdish down and put a 500 in it's place. The superdish install they did is a mess. Not to mention the tech installed the SD halfway under the eave, surely blocking the signal somewhat.

Anyway, I'd like to clean up the front of my house. (smaller dish not under the eave, & clean up the spaghetti thats tacked up all over the place.) and probably better signal with a 500.

Thanks.

You can safely change out the Dish, the plan I am hearing is to move all the Private Busiiness Television Broadcasts to 121 which gives businesses more security.

Scott Greczkowski said:
You can safely change out the Dish, the plan I am hearing is to move all the Private Busiiness Television Broadcasts to 121 which gives businesses more security.

Security from What? Are they afraid we are listening in on the Radio Shack discussions? That's a shame all that satellite room and we still don't have the rest of the local channels finished yet.

I live in NY (upstate - 12156) and currently have a superdish. I was told I can switch to a dish 500 pro and still get my locals. Is this correct? I have the AT 160.

wan't it going to completly fail within the next year? they would have to force it down before it becomes unstable. such as the russian space station? i do think moving all bus on one sat is a good idea. maybe they should organize the rest the same way ie; base programing/locals/for/bus.

NOHDjunkie

Just something to think about.

Lacombe may have had a little more rain than NOLA, but in general there hasn't been extra rain that way. But when it gets back to normal, afternoon thunderstorms every day during the summer, the SD 121 could give you a better signal (than the Dish 500) if you were to adjust it for maximum strength on 110/119.

Guess you are using 61.5 for HD. I can't image Dish eventually putting NOLA HD on 121, not after moving NOLA SD off, and then coming out with the Dish 1000+ and recommending vendors adjust their stock. They are suppose to come out with a repoint kit for the SuperDish 121.

Sounds like the front faces south.... Unless you have a very high pitch on the roof, you may be able to move the SD to the back of the house. I did that about 35 miles southwest of NOLA.

EDIT: I suspect with the SD-121 you are using a DP44 switch and a Dish 500 with a DP Dual for 61.5. If you change out the SD-121 to a Dish 500, you may want to use the DP Plus Twin LNBF, and then you can eliminate the DP44 switch, unless you are feeding more than 2 receivers.

Last edited:
THe SD has always worked fine with no inordinate rain fade problems but it's huge and I've always hated where the idiot put it. I may just put up two 300's, one for 119 and one for 110. (in a much better location than the sd is now)

I have three 300 dishes and four 500 dishes and three dppduals in my shed, plus the superdish, so I can pretty much do whatever I want. Lots of dishes thrown away after Katrina. I found a pile of them on the side of the road one day and took the good ones. Too bad the only LNB's left were legacy.

I just wanted to know what was going on with 121.

Regarding Radio Shack: Yes, they are paranoid. I was in a "Rat Shack" and the video for stores was on one of the monitors completley unattended. So, I watched and as the video explained all manner of sale techniques and NUMBERS and so forth--nothing to present Shack in a bad light. But then the salesman in the store made a bee-line to me and said in a rather stern voice, "You can't watch that! That's for employees only!" as he stood in front of the monitor, glaring at me. HOW RUDE. "Then don't carelessly leave it on for all to watch by the front door," I said :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)