What is the IF out of a typical receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
Does it cover 900 - 2.4 Ghz? Can I put the receiver out (DC blocked of course) into a 1.2 Ghz receiver?

The IF tuning frequency of a typical fta receiver is 950 - 2150. The loop out of the receiver will provide the frequency range determined by the connected LNB(f) and the polarity set by the receiver.

So with some simple math I could put the Sat Receiver where I want as long as its from 950 - 2150 or in my case 1.240 Ghz - 1.3 Ghz and then connect to a 1.2 Ghz receiver?

Next question will a Pansat 9200 manipulate the wave form because its a digital receiver or will it just pass the down converted signal without manipulating it?

ikki said:
So with some simple math I could put the Sat Receiver where I want as long as its from 950 - 2150 or in my case 1.240 Ghz - 1.3 Ghz and then connect to a 1.2 Ghz receiver?

Next question will a Pansat 9200 manipulate the wave form because its a digital receiver or will it just pass the down converted signal without manipulating it?

Correct. Subtract the LO frequency from the desired transponder frequency to determine the IF frequency.

Looping through a receiver could attenuate or amplify the signal level and could introduce additional noise. Maybe power the LNB(f) with a power inserter and skip the receiver and loop through?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts