What is the "Loop Out"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hassanayoub85

Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
texas
Hello,
I have this satellite Starsat HD 2000 Ace.
What is the "Loop Out"?
Thanks
2000HDACE-BACKSIDE.jpg

Welcome to the site!
That is to loop out to another receiver.

Thanks for clarifying.
However:
1- After connecting a receiver to another receiver, each one can watch what how want?
2- if I have a smart card for paid channels on a receiver, can I share it with the second receiver? or it is just like a repeater if the cable coming from the dish?
Thanks

Tron said:
The receiver connected to the loop through can only see the same polarity as the master receiver.

Unless the master is off, then it can operate as if it was the only one in line.

I had 3 in series for a while. Two pansats and then an analog. I'm pretty sure that's not the limit.

I know in a commercial receiver you can loop at least a dozen or so....especially if trying to get channels of the same mux (or polarity)

Brian (SatAV) can probably confirm

The loop-through typically introduces substantially more noise and cascades the insertion losses. Loop-through is fine for a 2nd receiver, though I always use a 2x1 - APPP (all port power passing) for my personal set-ups.

We install hundreds of 4 DVBS receiver commercial rack mount systems each year in US State and Federal prisons. These receivers are tuned to 4 channels originating on the same transponder. The signal SNR is significantly better on the 3rd and 4th receiver when a 4x1 - 1PPP (one port power passing) splitter is used instead of looping receiver tuners 1 - 2 - 3 - 4. We only approve installs completed with a splitter or multi-switch.

I once had a PC DVB card connected to the loop out of a Visionsat, which in turn was connected to the loop out of another Visionsat.

So it can work...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)