What is the official definition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its basically anything that pertains to illegal reception of unauthorized services.. (iceberg would be better to answer this one) :) As far as using FTA reception with FTA recivers.. Its a veary fine line.. There are legal resons to use FTA equipment for dishnetwork use but.... there is only far and few who actually use the FTA equipment for what it was intended for. Expecally with the FTA equipment being able to decript programming these days. I closed a thread earlyer becase it didnt smell right. (it was some one using a fta reciver and a legacy reciver trying to power a dpp twin. (the manual says you have to have a dp reciver to power the twin. What I personaly look for is if the user has some posts under his/her belt (we get alot of these one post wonders trying to get answers to illegal question but they make the question look like there trying to do legal things with it) If the user had stated that they were using the reciver for legal purposes it would have been good. We all know that there is no way to have a FTA reciver Legally activated through DN. There are a few FTA barker channels ie ch 101 that they could watch. but no channels with real programming on them other than gol tv. I hope that this answers your question.. I try to play it on the safe side and at the same time I dont want to close any threads. "maybe too safe sometimes " With the Dark side being how it is.. Its better to be safe than sorry. Were not here to accomidate the hackers and I have veary little tollerance for them. :)

hack talk = any questions or discussions on software, hardware or modifications thereto dealing with ways to receive programming which otherwise requires a subscription, decoder or orther monetary pomensation to a programmer or distributor.

IOW, If you want to find a way to get programming for free that the programmer or distributor is NOT offering for free, that is hack talk.

See ya
Tony

thanks guys, that clears things up, I hadnt thought of a few highlights though I was posting the question at a late hour as I am replying to this one now.

well ... some encrypted channels here in Europe I'm watching for free 'cos one of my receivers has an "australian bird" (as we say in Germany for "Emu" :D). I never have installed this bird on the receiver. It was on the receiver when I bought it ... that's no joke! And very strange: EVERY DAMN RECEIVER of this producer has the bird inside! It's part of the firmware ... build in Korea ... that explains everything ;)
But that aren't many programs. Only some french channels ... ca. 15 to 20 ... nothing important...

I have 2 subscriptions for real PayTV and one viewingcard of a good friend from Austria (for 3 channels: ORF 1, 2 and ATV+) ... it's nearly impossible to get a card if you're not living in Austria. This buddy is living in Vienna and he gave me the card of his grandma which receives ORF via antenna :D It's not any illegal stuff :)

This both paytv-networks what I'm paying for have very good programs. Some channels from the US and UK ... I'm reaching the feeds of our local cable provider direct via satellite and the viewingcard is working in my satellite receivers and CICAMs. Otherwise I wouldn't pay for it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)