What is the purpose of the antenna port?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

global0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
37N, 121W
My CW600 receiver has a port for OTA antenna. As I would like to receive local FM radio channels, I looked in the manual to see what it can be used for? Well, guess what? there is a picture of it with an OTA antenna, but that's where it ends and nothing else. I emailded them and asked about it, but so far, no response :mad:

So, I guess you guys are the technical support team :rolleyes: (I am wondering about the value of that useless web site www.captiveworks.com :down )

Does anybody know the purpose of that port and whether it could be used it to tune into OTA radio/TV channels?

I am not sure about your CW600, but on my Fortec, it is used as an A/B switch so that you can toggle between the Satellite and Antenna signal.

Antenna input is just that, for an OTA antenna. If you have the receiver hooked up to the coax out, when you turn the receiver off it passes through OTA signals.

That’s all it is…a pass through for OTA

Iceberg said:
Antenna input is just that, for an OTA antenna. If you have the receiver hooked up to the coax out, when you turn the receiver off it passes through OTA signals.

That’s all it is…a pass through for OTA

So, in other words, it can NOT be used as a "signal source" :(

That means a second receiver has to be introduced into the system.

correct. If you don't want to turn your TV to whatever channels you have OTA, you would need a different receiver for that.

Its just designed so you don't need a A/B box to switch between satellite and OTA. The "sat/tv" button on the remote does the same thing as powering off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts