What is the real multiple Hopper rule?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I have gotten so many different answers to this question from Dish.

I have an owned Hopper. I would like to have a second Hopper, not Joey.

One says I can pay $95 and have a 2 year commitment to have a leased Hopper. He said that if I were to subscribe to the warranty, the install would be. free. He says the monthly fee would be $7 more.

Another says I would have to own the second Hopper and the monthly fee would be $12.

Who is correct?

I would check with Dirt.My hunch is the first csr was correct,but dirt is your best bet.

I don't believe either is correct. As always depending on your particular account, you should be able to get one from DISH, leased, at $12 per month. The cost for install is questionable. With the protection plan could be $15, could be free, could be more. Dish seems to only allow two leased Hoppers if there is at least one Joey involved. That is not your situation, this would be one leased unit.

It will definately be $12/month. Install cost will be determined by whoever you speak to to set it up (and the automated credit qualification system)

Only 12 bucks a month more for a second hopper? how come they gank me for 17 bucks for a second 722k?

Because they can... :)

My 2-4 Hoppers are only $7/Mo each (grandfathered.)

Think of it like this though :-

2x 722k = $7 + $17 = $24
2x Hopper = $12 + $12 = $24

Hopper is still the better deal though, with more sat tuners and much larger hard drives, not to mention sharing.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Because they can... :)

My 2-4 Hoppers are only $7/Mo each (grandfathered.)

Think of it like this though :-

2x 722k = $7 + $17 = $24
2x Hopper = $12 + $12 = $24

Hopper is still the better deal though, with more sat tuners and much larger hard drives, not to mention sharing.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I think after they initially offered the hopper, they realized they underpriced it. The fee for a 2nd hopper was the same as the fee for a Joey.

The fist CSR looks to be right. The Hopper upgrade is free and you would have to pay the $95 tech visit fee. If you add the protection plan then Dish would wave that fee. You would have to pay $12 a month for the second Hopper which is standard for everyone.

?The 772 as a secondary receiver is $17 a month because it works for two TVs. The Hopper only works for one TV.

IF only they'd enable anamorphic widescreen on the TV2 outputs, many of us would declare it "good enough". Of course that would surely reduce Hopper adoption. Can't have that, now, can we?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)