What is the ULTIMATE setup? Take a look :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

calibre

Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Just want to see what you guys would recommend. I currently have a 60' sony wega hd 1080i 3lcd projection tv. I have cox cable, in phoenix,AZ. Now the hd channels on cox are pretty crappy, because cox shares its connection so some channels are more clear than others. Plus it only has like 12 hd channels or something. Anyways my real question is what would you guys recommend switching over to? I've been told satellite is better for HD etc. Would Dish or Direct TV be better? who has a better deal going on? I have 4 tvs in different rooms. one hd, two regular digital cable, and the last regular digital cable with a dvr. I think i saw somewhere that satellite services offer 1 free hd dvr, and 3 free regualr satellite boxes with free installation. If I make a switch I think im gonna end up paying for the extra dvr box because I know the free hd box and the other basic ones are the only ones they give you free. I know this is alot to swallow but any suggestions would help. thank you mates! :D

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

I would recommend reading both the Directv and DISH forums and decide for yourself based on what you see which would would be the better choice. :)

Stick with the Cox cable. They don't bit starve and downrez their HD. You'll find 2 full rez 1920X1080i channels sitting on a 40mbps QAM256 carrier. D* can't touch that with a 10 foot pole.

That all depends on your cox location. The gulf coast cox system (pensacola-ft walton beach) has serious issues with their HD signal.

Basically the consensus right now is that DISH is currently better for HD, but Directv is poised to become the HD leader within 6 months assuming everything goes according to plan.

The biggest concern typically though is which company carries your local channels in HD. You should check each companies website to see if HD locals are carried for your area.

Just want to see what you guys would recommend. I currently have a 60' sony wega hd 1080i 3lcd projection tv. I have cox cable, in phoenix,AZ. Now the hd channels on cox are pretty crappy, because cox shares its connection so some channels are more clear than others. Plus it only has like 12 hd channels or something. Anyways my real question is what would you guys recommend switching over to? I've been told satellite is better for HD etc. Would Dish or Direct TV be better? who has a better deal going on? I have 4 tvs in different rooms. one hd, two regular digital cable, and the last regular digital cable with a dvr. I think i saw somewhere that satellite services offer 1 free hd dvr, and 3 free regualr satellite boxes with free installation. If I make a switch I think im gonna end up paying for the extra dvr box because I know the free hd box and the other basic ones are the only ones they give you free. I know this is alot to swallow but any suggestions would help. thank you mates! :D
stay away from Directv. Its all downrezzed HD

I ahve a 71" Sony and could not be happier with D*. Some channels you cna tell more then other that they are down ressed. The sports look great for the most part. I would go with D.

Appently u havn't seen true HD or you would'nt think ur picture looks that good! Our local cable company which was Cox, which is now Sudden Link has some of the best HD I've seen, only has about 10 channels but they are true 1920x1080 with high birates! Dish is pretty good but still downsized and bit starved and Direct is even worse with the exception of the ESPN HD channels, they are not downsized, but maybe a little bit starved! With the race to who will have more HD channels it maybe a while before we see quality HD channels from the satellite providers!

The "ultimate" setup is to have a brass pole in your theater room, and someone that knows how to use it!

and Drone35 is exactly right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)