What is this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
Steel or aluminum? It's a 3 hr drive for me one way to get this 12 footer. Anyone name it or tell me if I have to take a semi-truck flatbed and a crane to load it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 201
No idea but looks great and in good shape. I see the screws are rusted so bring a good grinder and set the 10 footer apart in 2 or more pieces so you can load it in a pick up . Just a good clean, lubricants and paint and should be ready to go!!! Bring the family some snacks and make it a stress liberation trip, Its worth my friend!!

Probably steel. I only say that because you mention rust on the bolts. Generally you don't mix metals because of a reaction that occurs when you do. I think it's called electrolysis.

I don't recognize the dish, but it looks fine. Sometimes those buttonhook systems loosen or sag, causing the lnb to be off center. Fortunately there is an easy fix - three i/16" guy wires holding the scalar/lnb dead center. Obviously the most convenient place to do that is before you erect the dish, when you have it pointed straight up in your yard where it's easy to measure. Some folks put those guy wires on even if their buttonhook arm isn't loose, because the wind and rain and birds and even the dish mover can loosen it over time.

one sixteenth inch wires are barely visible, even from relatively close.

I'm thinkin dish is aluminum judging by the rust on the hub and button hook but just white oxide on the dish strut.As far as mixing metals,my aluminum Winegard and alum Paraclipse are/were both put together with steel bolts.

Looks like a paraclipse due to the design of the ribs. From the pictures it doesn't look like the dish can easily be disassembled (cant quarter it like a unimesh or a sami so plan to spend some time and take a lot of pics). Before I would use a grinder I think I would use a lot of blaster (PB blaster) and six point socketsAs far as the material goes, the magnet test will tell all.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)