What is this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
A EBay seller is selling a Linkbox 8000 HD local with this thing. What's it for? Please tell me it's NOT a pirate thing... And if not, what is it needed for?

Linkbox 8000HD Local ATSC FTA Satellite Receiver Link Box 8PSK/QPSK LS400 MODULE

LS400 reads like it adds HD capability to a non-HD receiver. Who knows if it works? Why mess around even thinking about buying this old stuff?

Edited: Here's a defintion I found: "...an 8psk module used for decrypting 8psk turbo transponders. Mostly needed for HD programing on the Northern and Southern providers, also needed for SD channels on the eastern arch."

Translation: for pirating encrypted turbo transponders on sats used by Dish.

LS400 reads like it adds HD capability to a non-HD receiver. Who knows if it works? Why mess around even thinking about buying this old stuff?

Edited: Here's a defintion I found: "...an 8psk module used for decrypting 8psk turbo transponders. Mostly needed for HD programing on the Northern and Southern providers, also needed for SD channels on the eastern arch."

Translation: for pirating encrypted turbo transponders on sats used by Dish.

That makes sense. Thanks.
?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)