What is up with Galaxy 26 @ 93W?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

paulm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Decided to hook up the satellite receiver today in advance of hockey season starting. No word yet that I've seen on coordinates for the fighting sioux sports network this year, but I'm hoping I don't have to re-aim ;)

Anyway, fired it up. nada, nuttin. zilcha. then i realized that i had the coax plugged into "antenna in" instead of "lnb in". oops! :rolleyes: Fixed that problem, getting a quality reading... but no strength!

no doc scott
no cbs newspath
no macy's

getting worried, i start flipping through transponders and finally manage to scan in a few scrambled channels and US COURTS (11897 H 3030), the only one that comes in.

So, is this bird just dead these days, or am I not aimed exactly right and missing transponders i should be getting?

nope you're at 93W but it suffered partial failure a while back so most of the stuff moved off of it

Doc Scott is now on 97 sharing a transponder with other channels
CBS News is on 99W
Macy's is still there...they just moved info. See thelist or lyngsat

Ah, did find Macys

but looking at thelist, i'm not scanning in azteca on 12077 V 8681 or wright patterson on 11902 H 6000

something wrong with me, or thelist?

probably thelist

I know Azteca moved on the same sat...11927 I think (I'm not near my box to check)

preventative maintenance

. . . then i realized that i had the coax plugged into "antenna in" instead of "lnb in". oops! :rolleyes:
Behind the receiver, it's usually dark or low-light.
Inside my computer, the DVD drive data connectors are also hard to see.
Over the years, I've taken to placing sticky dots by pin 1 or LNB in, or whatever the most useful connector would be.
Luckily, hard drives are all SATA now, but in the old days, they were a target, too.

A ¼", 1-hole paper punch, and some red sticky labels are my material.
If you just add the dots to all new equipment when you are setting it up, you'll pat yourself on the back the following year when you've long-since forgotten where the connectors (and the manual) are. - :cool:

probably thelist

I know Azteca moved on the same sat...11927 I think (I'm not near my box to check)
I scanned it this morning and got one Macy's, one Mex, three Azteca channels @ 11983 V 8680, one US Courts, and two Wright Patterson's...
Sooner than later, I intend to create a ku Sat for 125 and do a scan to see if PBS has found there new home yet?

I just checked with my BLSA and I don't see any Ku signals at 125 or between 125 and 140 (Other than 127 and 129). It is suppose to be at 136 and testing.

Thanks qwert, we know it's going to 125.0w, hopefully sooner than later? For my multiple receiver set-up, I have a fixed P* @ 123.0w with 129.0w off-set and sharing the P* dish. 129.0w has lower Q's than I would like, and if I point the P* @ 129.0w, the Q's drop on 123.0w. So now I'm thinking of dedicating the P* to 123.0w and setting up a new dish for 125.0w and 129.0w, it should be easier to balanced the Q's that way?
Of course I won't have any problems with my motorized receivers at getting 125.0w.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)