What is USALS????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabe33

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
I saw USALS on my motorized setup for my Coolsat 5000. How does this work? I am guessing you type in your coordinates
( Zip Code: 92707
State: California
Latitude: +33.679069
Longitude: -117.876789)
and using this information the motor knows where to go. Is this correct? Is this the method everyone uses to locate their satelites?

So basiaclly I need to find my true south and get a good strong signal, then punch in my coordiantes on USALS and the motor should find other satelites?:confused:

Universal Satellites Automatic Location System (USALS), also known (unofficially) as DiSEqC 1.3, Go X or Go to XX is a satellite motor protocol that automatically creates a list of available satellite positions in a motorised satellite dish setup. It is used in conjuntion with the DiSEqC 1.2 protocol. It was developed by STAB, an Italian motor manufacturer, who still make the majority of USALS compatible motors.

http://www.usals.info/

gabe33 said:
So basiaclly I need to find my true south and get a good strong signal, then punch in my coordiantes on USALS and the motor should find other satelites?:confused:

For the most part, yes. You may not have a true south sat, but you can usually find one pretty close.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts