What is your biggest cell phone mistake?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've found my iPad taking away from what I used to do on my phone, but maybe that's my 50 year-old eyes.
60 y.o. eyes in my case, and suffering especially in the near field. So you make a good point that I considered which led to my comment about my iPad still having its place. I figured I won't have an answer as to which becomes the workhorse until I try both. I almost always have my current phone with me even when just hiking around my property. Not so much the iPad, obviously due to its form factor, i.e., not "pocket size". One thing I have to assess before pulling the trigger - can I read the iPhone without my reading glasses? (I'm normally OK with printed text in "good light". Does that include a 4" diag. back-lit screen?) That could be a significant determinant. I assume the text can be made larger with just a swipe, as with the iPad...

I can get LTE in Dallas...just not like the map. I can't seem to find it in Baltimore. Anyway, I hope they correct the problem soon.

The 4g network in Dallas is bigger than you think. If you had another LTE device to compare it to you would see what I am talking about.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

My current phone the Thunderbolt was horrible when I first got it. When they updated it and I got a bigger battery it was good, but I shouldn't have had to buy a bigger battery.

Not properly protecting my previous cell phone. As I've mentioned numerous times my daughter grabbed it one day and I was a little too lazy to get it back from her immediately and she proceeded to throw it down the stairs and break it. As a result I had to buy another cell phone well before I wanted to. My original plan was to stay on AT&T and wait until LTE was deployed in my area and then finally upgrade my phone. When my phone was broken I had to dish out $200 for a phone with LTE capabilities in a market without it. That was back in December 2011. Fast forward to mid October 2012 and we STILL don't have LTE in our area (although we are slated to get it before 2013), and I can get that same phone now for $100 ($10 if refurbished.) And honestly I wouldn't get that phone (The Skyrocket) if I had to again. It's not that it's a BAD phone, but considering the S3 and One X are out there I'd definitely go for those instead.

My current phone the Thunderbolt was horrible when I first got it. When they updated it and I got a bigger battery it was good, but I shouldn't have had to buy a bigger battery.

I carry two standard batteries, Carries me from 9AM to midnight most days. But I'm not a heavy user. Can't complain about the thunderbolt. My charger recharges one battery and the USB charger for the phone. It sources from 12DC and 120VAC.

I really don't have any bad phone experiences (or bad phone sex experiences for that matter :D - but that's a separate topic of discussion), however I am starting to regret my decision to stay with Sprint. Over the years I have been happy with the service and unlimited data with them, and I was initially pleased when they were the first to deploy 4G (WiMax) network. However, WiMax was spottily deployed, and then pretty much abandoned in place, and I routinely turned off the battery sucking WiMax antenna until I was stationary and sitting directly under a known antenna location the past 2 1/4 years.

In steps Sprint LTE to the rescue...except, good luck finding it in Baltimore and the north-east part of Dallas where I live. It's supposed to be available on the street-level at the locations I frequent but, in reality, it is miles away and the connections are spotty, at best. I guess I could live it while LTE is being deployed over the next year or two, but their 3G has become so incredibly show that I pay as well dig out my first U.S. Robotics 2400bps modem and carry around my laptop. I'm actually regretting giving up my EVO 4G because I would occasionally connect to a WiMax tower every blue moon.

A few years ago, with all the STD's going around I thought I would try me some phone sex..........I got a ear infection!!

Thank you St. Louis. I love you, we'll see you next time.

Getting my first android phone, it was a LG optimus, what a pos.
My friend has that on Virgin Mobile. He likes it because he just does basic stuff with it (Facebook, Twitter, Music and YouTube.) If you want anything more than that then you're SOL. I love also how it had a special GPU which people said was an asset, yet I would CONSTANTLY see games listed on the market that said, "Not compatible with the LG Optimus."

I missed out on a cheap service plan price on Virgin, along with the Optimus.
That was first quarter 2011.
Sounds like I lucked out!
Thanks for the good news. ;)

I missed out on a cheap service plan price on Virgin, along with the Optimus.
That was first quarter 2011.
Sounds like I lucked out!
Thanks for the good news. ;)
The phones they have now are actually pretty decent, but the problem is that you're on Virgin Mobile/Sprint's network, which quite frankly is ATROCIOUS. Still, if you're in a well covered area it can be tolerable, but overall if you want a cheap data plan you may as well do T-Mobile's 4G Monthly plan and bring your own device.

LG Incite. Could have been a decent phone at the time but the touch screen(if you could even call it that) was horrible. The stylus that came with it was junk and the screen was bad about staying calibrated. Next phone was an iPhone 4 and have been pleased ever since.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

The phones they have now are actually pretty decent, but the problem is that you're on Virgin Mobile/Sprint's network, which quite frankly is ATROCIOUS. Still, if you're in a well covered area it can be tolerable, but overall if you want a cheap data plan you may as well do T-Mobile's 4G Monthly plan and bring your own device.
Here in Los Angeles, California, Sprint/Virgin is fine.
In fact, so are all the major and secondary carriers ... except Metro PCS.
I have no idea why - they piggy-back on the biggies.

I'm running my iPhone 4 on Straight Talk for $45/mo. (bring your own phone)
No unlocking required, as it's actually piggy backed on AT&T, which was fine for the preceding 10+ years.
3G is dandy, & I have no lust for LTE.

The Virgin deal I missed was $35/mo, unlimited.
I think I'll live.
Especially hearing bad stories about the phone I was eying. ;)
My rebuilt iPhone 4 is satisfactory.

yourbeliefs said:
My friend has that on Virgin Mobile. He likes it because he just does basic stuff with it (Facebook, Twitter, Music and YouTube.) If you want anything more than that then you're SOL. I love also how it had a special GPU which people said was an asset, yet I would CONSTANTLY see games listed on the market that said, "Not compatible with the LG Optimus."

I was so glad to get rid of it, it didn't even have flash, felt like a iPhone lol :D.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SatelliteGuys

I was so glad to get rid of it, it didn't even have flash, felt like a iPhone lol :D.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SatelliteGuys
Honestly though that's not as bad as the phone my wife had on it, which was the Intercept. Horrible phone that we only got because my wife insisted on having a hard keyboard since her previous phone had it. Comparing that to the Optimus is like comparing the iPhone to the 3GS. Eventually she broke down and got too frustrated with it and then I splurged for a nice b-day gift and got her a Galaxy Nexus to use on T-Mobile. I'd honestly have that phone right now if it had LTE capabilities on AT&T.