What kind of bugs are in the 622?

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I am looking to upgrade from my 942 to the 622 and wondering what type of "bugs" I can expect to find. My 942 seems to be working pretty good minus a reset every now and again and I don't want to go through all of that again. I also live in Syracuse, NY and my locals will be moving sometime soon I believe, should I just wait for the move or do you think its ok to upgrade now?

Thanks for the post. I saw that earlier but I didn't want to read 9 pages of problems. I was hoping someone had a synopsis of the most common.

The most common bugs are:

1. audio synch issues on ota and sat channels.
2. video stuttering on all channels and ota channels
3. screaming black screen of death which you will need to do a reboot.
4. random reboots at inorportune moments.
5. reverbertating sounds when you skip forward .

Most if not all can be solved by a reboot , either soft or power cord , done when the above symptoms crop up.

Thanks guys. Maybe I will wait a little bit. Are these bugs happening all the time or is it just intermittent? I rely heavily on my OTA HD channels as no HD locals so that could propose a problem.

My OTA HD locals work fine on the 622.... (well when the wind is blowing the right direction, but that is another story, not e*'s problem...)

I rarely come up with the audio sync problem... If I do, skipping back 10 seconds from live corrects it....

Since they have done some of the software upgrades, mine has not rebooted or frozen up once.... (knock on wood)

Only real real annoyance I have with it is if you do not have a strong ota signal, if you record OTA, you get this constant annoying popup telling you that you lost part of the recording due to loss of signal...

Keep in mind, not everyone has those bugs. I have none of them. Don't know why (or why not).

I have had mine two days and the first night got the blackscreen of death ant least ten times. The next night it happened twice. I am monitoring to see if it gets right.

I refuse to post and say that I have had no problems with my 622 for a month now, for fear of upsetting the ViP622 gods.

Funny how Dish makes us "beta-testers", and makes us "pay" for the privilege.
I was an 811 early adopter, and I think I spent more time rebooting early on than watching. But once they fixed the bugs, it is as stable as you can get now.

ISFCasey:

Please put in a good word for me, as I have sinned and tempted the Fates.

MikeD-C05 said:
The most common bugs are:

1. audio synch issues on ota and sat channels.
2. video stuttering on all channels and ota channels
3. screaming black screen of death which you will need to do a reboot.
4. random reboots at inorportune moments.
5. reverbertating sounds when you skip forward .

Most if not all can be solved by a reboot , either soft or power cord , done when the above symptoms crop up.

Number 1 happened to me when I just got it (early marchi . I have not seen the problem since then.

Number 2 happened to me just once this week.

No 3, 4 or 5 for me (knock on wood)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts