What kind of sat meter do you use or like ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
Personally, I dont have a meter and would like to purchase one...

Any of you installers that have suggestions would be great.

:flag: I must confess, SatelliteGuys is now my homepage !!! :flag:

I am assuming this allows you to line up two lnb's mounted to the arm of one dish?

I LIKE the SatHawk 3000

http://sathawk.tv/

Teamed up with Sadouns frequent software updates :hatsoff: its a must have for 'Pro' Installers and serious hobbyists.

Made in the UK.

:up

Wow talk about options. :wtf: That may be overkill but it sure is cool to know there are products like this one out there.

I have been eyeballing the Acutrac22 Pro. It seems to be economical and handy for adjusting the "farm". I Never really needed a meter before but I now have four sats and a Hurricane aiming at me and I have lost "pounds" running back and forth as the farm happens to be about 180' from the receiver.

Iceberg, in reference to the on screen meter, that is normally about 180' feet away. That is a long way in the dog days of summer.

Anyone used this one before?

Attachments

• ACCUTRAC22PRO.gif
    ACCUTRAC22PRO.gif
    20.1 KB · Views: 239
I use a cheap $10 one I got off of ebay and it works like a CHAMP. Granted it doesn't beep anymore, but that is my 3 year olds fault, not the meter.

It is the SF-95.

questic said:
I have been eyeballing the Acutrac22 Pro. It seems to be economical and handy for adjusting the "farm". I Never really needed a meter before but I now have four sats and a Hurricane aiming at me and I have lost "pounds" running back and forth as the farm happens to be about 180' from the receiver.

Iceberg, in reference to the on screen meter, that is normally about 180' feet away. That is a long way in the dog days of summer.

I used use the original digisat, but got stolen or loss, now with the digisat pro, just like your accusat, same stuff but difference name.

questic said:

I guess i'm lucky...TV is real close...but not close enough when its -20

Nothing is close when it's -20. If we see a snowflake in SC they close the roads and schools.

I did have an idea to use the reciever meter by using an ac inverter to power the reciever and tv from my truck? Anyone ever did that before?

But once again, that would require more effort than money.

questic said:
Nothing is close when it's -20. If we see a snowflake in SC they close the roads and schools.

My uncle use to live in Charleston, so he would tell me stuff like that :D

I have both the SF-95 and SF-100. I like the SF-95 a lot better.
Good luck finding a good one.

questic said:

questic said:

I use and like the SSM22 but ive broken a few do to dropping off the roof. And the side strap clips always brake. I also use and have had for a wile the old satBuddy. Unkillable. I use this meter in rain/snow storms because its waterproof(ish)

The old satbuddy is only good for DISH/Directtv because it doesnt do 22khz. The new Duel ones do.

I know a few techs who had acutracPro's and they all said they worked good but had crappy battery life. The SSM22 goes for days before it needs to be recharged.

:hatsoff: to Sadoun for adding the DirecTV 72.5 and the NEW IA-8 satellites to the software of the SATHAWK meter!

THANKS! :yes

I use a SF-95, Price wise it's very cheap and it is very easy to use. I found myself realigning my neighbors/friends and family's dishs after i bought it. I still regularly head to the roof with it trying to get an extra 1-2% signal strength. :)

I ended up buying an Accutrac 22 Pro, although the Bird Dog is the one to have if your pockets are full.

Boy, this thread got resurrected! :D

I like my SF-95, but I will probably pick up a Birddog at some point...

We actually use an ancient version of the birddog here at work (Cable Company) for peaking the 3.8m C-band dishes ;)

PSB said:
:hatsoff: to Sadoun for adding the DirecTV 72.5 and the NEW IA-8 satellites to the software of the SATHAWK meter!

THANKS! :yes

Thanks Pete

Have you tried the new datafile? Everything is working fine for you? :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts