What matchup will provide the best (closest) Super Bowl?

What would be the most exciting Super Bowl?

• Pittsburgh vs. Carolina

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Pittsburgh vs. Seattle

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Denver vs. Carolina

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Denver vs. Seattle

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

CPanther95

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 25, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Title says it all. If you weren't a fan of any team, what two teams would likely provide the best, competitive "show". Think of it from an entertainment standpoint.

Pitt and caralina by far do to jakes fun presence on the field and smiths crasy freakish athlete ways.BIG big and betti and randle e and ward it will be a show to rememeber.NOt to mention both defenses both being explosive.

I think Pitt vs. Seattle will be the best show. However I think any of the 4 combinations above could be excellent. Heck, I think a Steelers-Denver or Seattle-Carolina Super Bowl, if it were possible, would be great as well. No matter how you look at it, the next 3 games/2 weeks look to be great football.

cdru said:
I think Pitt vs. Seattle will be the best show. However I think any of the 4 combinations above could be excellent. Heck, I think a Steelers-Denver or Seattle-Carolina Super Bowl, if it were possible, would be great as well. No matter how you look at it, the next 3 games/2 weeks look to be great football.

cdru,

you are right on all counts. finally we are going to see explosive championships and a GREAT superbowl. blowouts are so boring.

:D

Thank God for Denver. With the way the Steelers almost choked at the end - and the way the Colts did choke at the end...it's not too hard too believe neither team would have got the Patriot monkey off their back the next week.

I guarantee the ABC execs are praying the Steelers win. The draw of Denver vs. Seattle is probably their worst nightmare - Denver vs. Carolina might be just as bad for ratings, but I'd think Carolina is probably a little more exciting to watch for fans without a horse in the race than Seattle is.

Then again my bias may make the Panthers seem more exciting.

so panther,

what are you going to do if it is steelers-panthers???

you told me you wear the black and blue , but you bleed black and gold??

sooooo,, who would your heart want to win??

I'll cross that bridge when/if I have to.

I've been balls-to-the-wall rooting for the Steelers my whole life because of my hometown. I've been rooting for the Panthers since they became a franchise and I got PSLs down here - plus I have many connections with the Panthers.

At some point, I stopped outright rooting for the Steelers vs. the Panthers and began rooting for "who needed it most" at that point in the season.

I'm not sure how it will all shake out, but I know one thing - I'll have to pick one team prior to kickoff because it's in my competitive nature. I also know that there will be an upside no matter which team wins.

Thats like a co-worker of mine who is having an identity crisis this week. Born and raised in Seattle, but has become a Panthers fan while living in Charlotte.

Steelers/Panthers would be an interesting matchup. Bettis & Co. vs. the Panthers D would be a serious rumble!

I voted for Steelers/Seahawks. I think the nation is sick of Carolina and Denver. Let the new blood in!!! Besides Cower and Holmgren are both class acts (but Cower deserves it more)

I must say that the Steelers have NEVER won a playoff game in Denver ... looks to be Denver vs. Seattle for the big dance. I would rather see DEN vs CAR as I know it would be a more offensive game like the DEN/GB SB of years past.

John Lynch will own Big Ben ...

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops! I guess PIT did win @ Denver in 1984 ... maybe ofter 21 years they are due, but I doubt it!!!!

Last edited:
sikma said:
I think the nation is sick of Carolina

:confused:

I know I'm biased as a Carolinian and as a Panthers fan, but I'm curious...why would the nation be sick of the Panthers?

We havent won that much.

slacker9876 said:
I must say that the Steelers have NEVER won a playoff game in Denver ... looks to be Denver vs. Seattle for the big dance. I would rather see DEN vs CAR as I know it would be a more offensive game like the DEN/GB SB of years past.

John Lynch will own Big Ben ...

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops! I guess PIT did win @ Denver in 1984 ... maybe ofter 21 years they are due, but I doubt it!!!!

slacker,
the steelers have never won a playoff game in winipeg either, what does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

no one OWNS big ben

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just hope you are as gracious in defeat as you are in dishing it out.

we are gonna run all over the broncos, the bus is in the garage getting a performance chip put in the computer and a bigger supercharger due to your thin air. OH.....NOW I GET IT, you arent thinking logically due to the lack of oxygen...:D :D :D

all in fun slacker, good luck, denver will need it.

cdru said:

Agreed,

Jimbo

Peyton Manning, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Colts flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity, Peyton." said God.

"This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here." Peyton felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3 story mansion with a black & gold sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flag pole with an enormous Steeler flag, and in every window a Terrible Towel.

Peyton looked at God and said, "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an all-pro quarterback, I hold many NFL records, and I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said, "So what's your point Peyton?"

Peyton sheepishly replies "Well, why does Ben Rothlisberger get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said, "Peyton, that's not Big Ben's house, it's mine."

'nuff said;)

dragon,
We'll just have to wait and see. They are both excellent teams, but I have to give Denver the edge in D, the steel curtain is a thing of the past and the way they manhandled the Pats proves they are ready to win it all.

slacker9876 said:
dragon,
We'll just have to wait and see. They are both excellent teams, but I have to give Denver the edge in D, the steel curtain is a thing of the past and the way they manhandled the Pats proves they are ready to win it all.

slacker,

the steelers manhandled the best team :)rolleyes: ) in the afc. denver did the same to the second best team :)rolleyes: ) in the afc.

you are correct this should be ONE HELL of a game. as i think the panther/seahawk matchup will be.

this is coming down to the best post season in a long, long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts