What matchup will provide the best (closest) Super Bowl?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

What would be the most exciting Super Bowl?

• Pittsburgh vs. Carolina

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Pittsburgh vs. Seattle

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Denver vs. Carolina

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Denver vs. Seattle

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
It'll be the Lions vs. Browns for all the marbles in Super Bowl 40!!!

Wait a minute. My beloved Lions have won only one playoff game since '57.

Here's how I see it:

Seattle 24 Carolina 21
Denver 31 Pittsburgh 17

It should be fun with the Super Bowl here in my hometown. I hope it snows and is below zero. I figure the media is going to complain anyway, so give them something to complain about.

I'm going with the Steelers over Broncos and Seahawks over the Panthers, but I really want to see Steelers vs. Panthers.

I never use stats or records when it comes playoff time because, as we have already witnessed, anything can happen in the playoffs. So lets look at the other factors:

Pittsburgh and Denver did not play in the regular season this year. Denver beat New England. Pittsburgh should have beaten New England in the regular season. New England has been a beatable team all season, and their regular season record proved it.

Now for the real logic as to why the Steelers will win;) . (1) The Steelers played in Super Bowl XIV, and XXX. It only makes sense that the team will be in Super Bowl XL. (2) The Super Bowl is being played in Jermoe Bettis' hometown. This would be the perfect place to end a career (if he decides to do so). (3) Steelers will be the first 6 seed team to go to the Super Bowl. (4) Steelers are more prepared physically and mentally this year.

Last edited:
dragon002 said:
slacker,

the steelers manhandled the best team :)rolleyes: ) in the afc. denver did the same to the second best team :)rolleyes: ) in the afc.
Your turn to stand corrected :D We knocked off the defending world champions, last year. And if we are going by this years data (as it seems you are) then Denver is the best in the AFC ... case & point.

Proc said:
It'll be the Lions vs. Browns for all the marbles in Super Bowl 40!!!

Wait a minute. My beloved Lions have won only one playoff game since '57.

Here's how I see it:

Seattle 24 Carolina 21
Denver 31 Pittsburgh 17

It should be fun with the Super Bowl here in my hometown. I hope it snows and is below zero. I figure the media is going to complain anyway, so give them something to complain about.
You been sports betting long? Those number are pretty damn realistic!

slacker9876 said:
Your turn to stand corrected :D We knocked off the defending world champions, last year. And if we are going by this years data (as it seems you are) then Denver is the best in the AFC ... case & point.

I'm just wondering how you came up with this? Indy was the 1st seed, Denver the 2nd. How does this translate into Denver is the best in the AFC? Or do you mean now since the Colts are out of contention? I would say that Denver has the best record of the teams left in the AFC, :) going as far as to say Denver is the best in the AFC is a little bold.

Everyone has their own opinion as to who is going to win on Sunday. All I can say is we will see soon, if the Steelers play this Sunday like they did last Sunday the Broncos won't have a chance.

Indy was the best team in the AFC (except when it counted)...best record, highest seed...not sure how anyone can claim that Denver was the #1 AFC team heading into the playoffs.

slacker9876 said:

are you talking about denver beating the patsies??? dont break a rib patting (no pun intended) your self on the back.

the steelers are going to destroy the broncos, they gelled and are a wrecking machine. again steelers by 10.;)

BrianMis said:
I'm just wondering how you came up with this? Indy was the 1st seed, Denver the 2nd.
Indy is playing Golf, not Football ... that is how that works. They are currently seeded 32nd along with all the other golfers.

CPanther95 said:
The Steelers weren't in SB XX.

I don't know where that came from. That was the infamous 85 Chicago bears who DESTROYED the Patriots.

I guess that kills my credibility in this forum :D .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts