What Movie Or Scene is used to show off your setup?

Depends on the audience:
- Ratatouille for mixed crowds;
- Serenity for guys;
- P.S. I Love You for girls.

Diogen.

One of my favorites is the beach landing, near the beginning of "Saving Private Ryan".
The dogfight scenes in "Flyboys" are also good.

Blu-ray
Shoot Em Up - Ace of Spades gun fight scene. Great music, great sound effects, fun movie
Cars - any of the racing sequences

HD-DVD
Transformers - first base scene, city fight scene (ironside flip)
Serenity - I like any excuse to watch this movie.

It depends on what I'm demonstrating.

If I'm demoing Constant Image Height, it's going to be something action oriented. Some of my fave demos for this are:

The Matrix (Lobby Shootout)
The Day After Tomorrow (Introduction / ice shelf break off)
Cars (Opening)

If it's sound quality:
Dave Matthes and Tim Reynolds Live at Carnegie Hall
Cloverfield

If it's picture quality:
Heroes (Season 1 / Hiro in Times Square Scene)
Transformers

Cheers,

I also use The Incredibles, great picture and sound. And I have to agree on Serenity on HDDVD is wonderful. For music I really like David Gilmour's concert at Royal Albert Hall. I really need to bite the bullet on BluRay so I can get ZZTop's concert.

General - agreed Transformers opening scenes, also love when Vin Diesel fires-up that 900hp Charger in Fast and Furious!

Visual and Music - Santana: Hymns for Peace, Montreux 2004, esp. track 9 Peace on Earth / Boogie Woman. It'll stop what you're doing otherwise...! (Not a hi-res audio rendition but sounds great anyway. I have the HD DVD version, but the BD is supposedly identical.)

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1333/santana_hymnsforpeace.html

I usually show of Ratatouille when the typical family crowd comes over but otherwise, like Satin said, I show Shoot Em Up but I show the scene from when the baby is born up until the rooftops with the Tool sign. Just shows the great sound that film had as well as a great picture.

One of my favorites is the beach landing, near the beginning of "Saving Private Ryan".
The dogfight scenes in "Flyboys" are also good.

That beach scene does it for me. That are the opening battle scene of "Gladiator". Both have kick ass surround sound which just set off those visuals.

torp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)