What % of DIRECTV press releases have come true?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lee78221

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
As you know DIRECTV promised A LOT for 2006 and 2007 in the past how much (in %)would you say that DIRECTV promised has come to past?

I have been a sub for only 4+ years so this is a Q&A to the people who have had DIRECTV longer than me.

D* does pretty well -- but then I'd say the Press Releases are intentionally vague so that they DON'T miss the mark.

For example -- The R15 generally sucks, but it does everything they promised it would in the press release. So does that mean it's a success and a good product?

Quality of execution is subjective. But D* tends to do the minimum required to make good on that which they promise.

Usually what happens is that they may be late making a date. Examples, new LIL SD channels that required D* 7S to be launched, it was very late getting launched. Recent is the LIL HD channels that needed SW1, it was also late being turned over toe D* which pushed back the date they said the first markets would be turned up.

Most of the time Directv dosen't issue a press release until they are ready to actually do what they are releasing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)