What "older" tech would be fun to dig out and use for a day?

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Got talking about this on the morning show today! We all have "older" things we enjoyed, and maybe even shoved in the closet. The conversation started with referring to the "mercury" in the thermometer...the days when it was "around 16 degrees" not: "15.7 degrees".....you get the idea.

What would be "fun" to dig out and use again? or even if you don't have the item anymore, what would you ENJOY using again technology-wise for a day?

Post here! or, e-mail us at "morning@i1430.com" better yet...lend YOUR voice from anywhere in the world to us at 616-527-9466!

Last edited:
From our friend Adam in Palo, MI:
It's 12 degrees in Palo.
I know sometime's I think I would like to find a Texas Instrument Computer. Then we can sit around and listen to the tape play its code to the computer and after 20 min the game might load or it might not. When the game finally loaded you better want to play it for a while.

The Texas Instrument Computer was a big upgrade from the game from Radio Shack that basically was a ball that bounced back and fourth on your television. However, you could adjust speed of the ball, size of paddles and how much bounce was in the ball. This was before the Atari hit the market. I never had an Atari.

I also remember Grandpa and Grandma had a Tandy computer with a floppy disk..High tech stuff

Adam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts