what OTA HDTV antennas, are people using with their 6000u

Status
Please reply by conversation.
:( Really? there has got to be something, I am not that far away... and its flat land so I shouldnt have any issuse. I can pick the regular stations up with rabit ears.

I use a radio shack double bow tie. Testing on other boards had rated it as one of the better solutions.

Try the Silver Sensor, marketed in the US by Zenith. They have them at Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051806287898&skuId=5262814&type=product

The two best indoor antennas are the Radio Shack Double Bow tie $15, and the Silver Sensor ~$35.

ROLLTIDE said:
Inside attennas do not get the job done .

It really depends on how close you are to the transmitters, plus intervening terrain. Here in Moreno Valley CA for example we are 55 miles from the primary transmitter site for Los Angeles on Mount Wilson. On the west end of town where there is no shadowing from nearby Box Springs mountain an indoor antenna works great on all channels. On my end of town with some modest multipath not so much. A rooftop antenna works very well though. In Sacramento where the original poster lives he is relatively close to the transmitters and there is flat terrain all around. Either the RS double bowtie or the Silver Sensor should be just fine.

thanks for all the info I ordered the Gemini model from Radio Shack that was recomended. It had great reviews from what i could find. Ill let u know when I hook it up with my 811. It could be a few months though ;)

Don't forget to put scrunched up wads of aluminum foil on your antenna!!
Very important, hehehe, :jump2: :thumbsup: :D :!:

Antennaweb.org said I needed a huge monster looking antenna since I am 75+ miles from the closest station.

I've got one that sorta looks like Sean's mounted on a 50-75' pole and RG59 running the length of the feed to an antenna amp and it seems to work ok for SD. Will it also work for HD without modification?

Terk Dish Clip-On Antennas

I just wanted to note that when I was looking for an antenna for my 6000 Dish Network HDTV receiver about a two years ago, I did a lot of research and heard nothing good about the Terk clip-on antennas either. However, I went ahead and bought one (the 42 model from Best Buy for around $45) because I was too lazy to install any other outdoor antennae on my roof, and using the clip-on antenna seemed to be easiest thing for me to do. Well I bought it and was totally disappointed in that I barely got one channel on the 6000 receiver and I’m about a 20 mile crow fly from the local broadcast centers. Recently I thought I would give it another shot and I went ahead and turned the clip-on antennae so that it’s perpendicular to the ground but still clipped on to the side of my satellite dish. I’m now able to get all the HD local channels in great except the local CBS affiliate which works about 90 to 95% of the time.

Just my two cents.

be warned about antennaweb.org, it has been trumped as the place to find out all your hd needs...while there is useful information, it is not entirely accurate...based on their website, it was recommended I purchased a 13' antenna, yes 13 FEET!!! I actually purchased the antenna, and then realized there was no way I was putting up something so ugly...it was only through the help of someone local that I found out that a RS double bowtie did the job even though I was about 55 miles away from the location...and my terrain is hilly not flat...

is this the case for everyone? probably not, but do your best to start with something smaller, something indoors before you go out and buy a bohemoth antenna to put on your roof

is this the case for everyone? probably not, but do your best to start with something smaller, something indoors before you go out and buy a bohemoth antenna to put on your roof

What's wrong with BIG Antenna's? ;) I think mine, largest RS sells, does a great job of blending in with my Dish500 and my Direcway dishes. My wife says our house looks like a radio station, hehehe

CM 4228 for OTA stuff

located 25-30 miles SW of metro Detroit (as far as broadcast antennas are concerned). I have a Channelmaster 4228 mounted on a tripod stand on my roof on a 6' mast. All stations are ENE from me.

There is a smaller Channel Master then the 4228 that is about half that size, model 4221. Unless there are obstructions or other issues, the 4221 might have worked just as well if you are only 25-30mi from the transmitters.

http://antennaweb.org/ I beleive does have some disclaimers if I recall that indicate they are merely guideslines and anyone's reqiurements could be met with other than their suggestions.

The most handy thing about antennaweb.org is the listings of channels that you can receive. What direction to aim an antenna in to get them.

Since all of the DTV signals for my Area (Wash DC) are on UHF band, i am going to get the 15-2160 Outdoor UHF antenna $21.99 at Radio Shack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts