What programming is on 110 and 119 respectively?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ken0042

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
Hey guys. I've been doing a bit of reading and looks like a good forum here.

Here's my problem. I'm in the process of setting up my Dish Network system. I've set up similar systems before without any trouble. Unfortunately, currently I live in a townhouse (small yard) and there is a tree blocking the signal from the 119 bird. 110 comes in nice and clear, but just misses the tree in question. Due to condo regulations I am quite restricted as to where in my yard I can put a dish; for example I cannot move it onto my roof or the wall of my house.

Once source told me that most of the programming is on 110, and 119 is mostly for HBO, locals, etc. However I found a site that says otherwise: http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

Can anybody please let me know what is correct? I will be moving in about 6 months, so the tree won't be an issue after that. Also with winter coming it will be losing it's leaves soon. I just want to know how much or little programming I can expect from 110.

In case it matters, I was planning on going with the America's top 120 package.

Thanks everybody!

119 is where 95% of AT60 & AT120 programming is
110 has locals and stuff from AT180

Since you say you're going with the AT120, you would most definitelly need to see 119

btw: the site you posted above is a great resource :)

The Dish Channel Chart is excellent...

I hate to whip out the old book but your landlord or whatever cannot prevent you from putting the dish to get signal. they can restrict where you can put the dish if you can get signal within their restrictions... however if you cant get signal inside their restrictions they are SOL... someone post the FCC link... i know you have it iceberg.

Thanks guys, that's what I thought.

Shadow, I know the link you are talking about; the 1999 ruling. Unfortunately where I live the FCC ruling doesn't apply.

ken0042 said:
Unfortunately where I live the FCC ruling doesn't apply.

heh heh...wanna bet?

The FCC rule applies EVERYWHERE IN THE 50 US STATES...your HOA or board group cannot prevent you from putting a dish up. They can restrict where you put it (to an extent).

ken0042 said:
Thanks guys, that's what I thought.

Shadow, I know the link you are talking about; the 1999 ruling. Unfortunately where I live the FCC ruling doesn't apply.

Where do you live that it doesnt apply?

That's right Kevin. I wish our counterpart of the FCC was as forward thinking. This is the 21st century after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts