What receiver can get both linear & circular signals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gong

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
If I get a Dual Linear and Circular Polarised LNB from Invacom in June of this year, what receiver can use this beneficial to receive both FTA for linear and Circular (such as NASA from dishnetwork). I have a BEC6600+, don't know if it can take this beneficial or not? Thanks for anyone to reply in advance.

Gong

As long as your receiver LO frequency can be set to both 10750 and 11250 there should be no problem using this new LNBF. I have just completed a test and review of the Invacom QPH 031 and will be posting it over the weekend. Photos, both inside the plastic and out! I feel like a kid in a candy store! This unit is awesome!

I have a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra, and have gotten NASA on 119W with no problems. I ran it off my old Dishnetwork 18 inch that I had still setup. Also used to recently upgrade my dishnet receiver as I have recently resubscribed to some of their services. (International) Also using same reciever, getting G10 with no problems.

As Satellite AV said, as long as you can set the LO frequency you can receive any satellite in any type of polarity. My Pansat 2100A will receive both linear and circular, and C, KU, and DBS frequencies.

Even if you can't set the LO frequency it is still possible to receive all polarities and frequencies. You have to shift the frequencies for the transponders. I found this out when I connected my receiver to a DBS dish at 119w while the receiver was programed for all the IA-5 frequencies and there was signal using one of the FSS frequencies.

It is the LNB that does most of the work. It is what sets polarity and frequency band to receive. The receiver is just there looking for signals to decode.

PSB said:
I pick up NASA (119w) with my standard KU LNBF : )

Really? I am currently waiting for the weekend weather to get nicer, but I have aquired an old Direct PC dish, that I will be using to nail 121W for the wife, I will then have complete control over the FTA Stuff, I was already thinking about taping or connecting one of my old dishnetwork LNBFs to the FTA setup to be able to get NASA, and I think I saw a few radio stations on there when I was testing. (119W) Can you get any of those stations with the FSS/KU LNBF?

Rick

Its worth a try, it is sometimes possible to pick up a few circular polarized channels as long as there are no conflicting spotbeams getting in the way. So in "some" parts of the country it will work. As I said I have been watching NASA (119w) with a linear LNBF for years now. Heck I was even picking up Euronews (91w) the same way!

Now if it would only work for 'GOL TV' I would be happy : (

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)