What receiver to buy and from where?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If the receiver you were using was a 12 VDC style then one of these Belkins would make an excellent backup...Of course it won't help with a receiver directly powered with 120 VAC.
I perhaps saw those and many similar 12VDC units on eBay.

Just doing a price comparison of the inevitable UPS battery changes--compared to a 130 watt--the 130 watt, direct 120VAC batteries start paying for themselves over the 12VDC style in about 14 years (rather long payback). $6 less for the 130 watt unit replacement batteries. Though, I didn't lookup how many batteries are in each unit; rather sure the 130 watt unit has two batteries having noted its unit dimensions and having accessed the battery compartment of a similar size unit before.

Operate mode = deactivating energy saver mode. :imconfused Make one feature work--continous, accurate time-- deactivating another useful feature, energy saver.

Yeah. Having it turned on 24/7 will consume about 600+ watts of energy every month.

Actually, all STBs have the time synchronizing feature. Unfortunately, most NA uplinkers typically don't set or syncronize the encoder time reference. :(

Too bad we can't call them and complain......

Reactions: Titanium
...600 watts would be about 5 cents a month...
Plus the say 0.18-0.26 cents per month (say $11 to $16 per battery every 5 years) of the expected external replacement battery/batteries every three to five years. (Where's my STB-sycronizing atomic clock cold war to invent or activate this technology in STBs that already exists in non-STBs? :beaten , minus the atomic clouds.)

Actually, all STBs have the time synchronizing feature. Unfortunately, most NA uplinkers typically don't set or syncronize the encoder time reference (TDT). :(

https://www.dvb.org/resources/public/standards/a38_dvb-si_specification.pdf

Even worse, I found that on COZITV, if I have my microHD to sync time to the satellite, some programs recorded fine and other would start to record fine, then part way through the recording, they would end and I would miss my next timer. When I turned my microHD back on it would sync the time and I had a hard time figuring out why some recordings ended only part way through the recording and others were missed. Also no chance of it getting a time signal from another satellite as this was the only channel programmed into the box. (the microHD has a terrible clock for drifting)

Setting the microHD to manual time mode and maintaining a stable 12VDC source keeps the microHD time very accurate..... Maybe reset the time a few times a year if I notice the timers firing more than a minute early/late.

I have 2 microHD's and my C-band friend has my 3rd for recording for me. All 3 will drift approx. 5 minutes over 2 weeks. Are you sure you don't have the time set by the satellite signal? (or maybe I should try using a better 12V supply than the supplied adapter)

The microHD timer will reset to the closest minute (00:00) when going from standby to operate. Standby mode plays havoc on ALI chipset STBs in manual time mode. Just part of the SDK code. Always keep mine in operate mode and never put in standby. :)
I will have to try this as this is the first time I have heard this and this is probably my main issue. (too bad I didn't read all the thread first instead of replying and quoting 3 times)

Looks like I need to replace my 9000i remote control ALREADY. Some of the buttons don't work or are erratic. I tried opening it up and cleaning the contacts but no-go. So, I had to show the wife how to use the front panel controls on the STB. And they still haven't done anything to get the time sync problem fixed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)