what receiver to buy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

J-V-D

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Michigan
Thinking about ditching dish network and going 4dtv! I was looking at the dsr410 but dont want to be stuck on one bird.Will that receiver accept programming from all the Digicipher sats/transponders.It seems most people use the 922 but its a little to pricey for me at this time.I have an 8ft c band dish w/bcs421 lnbf,motorized w/vbox!What receivers do you recommend for paid programing?...Thanks guys

Since you have a V box you could use a DSR 905 sidecar, that will allow you all the DC2 stuff from all birds. The Cadillac though would be the DSR 922.

That sounds like a possibility.Does the dsr-410 just work on w5?And where is the orbital location of w5?..thanks

I just talked to a friend that has a 920 for a good price!What are the main differences betwween the motorola 920 & 922....??? Thanks for the responses!

The 922 does S output on analog also. It also does more symbol rates (gets a few more channels). The 920 will get you by for 95% of the stuff.

If you're going for the 920, find out about its battery, if it has been changed recently. If it still have its original battery, then you will sooner or later have to get it changed. Or else it would go dead and you would have a doorstop. It will surely be useless.
I have one, and got a battery and coupla battery holders for it. Lucky for me, I have a friend who know how to solder on pc boards and is willing to do it for me for free.
I really enjoy my 920! I am watching out for a 922.

thanks,sounds good.where can I get a battery for the 920?

I read about this from another site and the member there recommended these items (all from Radio Shack):
One 3.6 volts lithium battery (item number 23-037)
AA battery.
Two "AA" battery holders (item number 270-401A.
The reason for two battery holders is simple: when it is time to change battery later on, just put the new battery into the empty holder and pop out the old battery from the other holder. You won't have to worry about killing the board due to time taken to change the battery.
I have these and now found someone who can take out the original battery and solder the holders into the 920 board. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)