What Sat Dish will they give me?

mab631

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
Hey guys i just wanted to know what dish dishnetwork would give me? I am getting 2 dvr625 boxs? Is it the 500 or the 1000? To me the 1000 looks like a nicer/bigger dish making it better to hold signal to the SATS in space is that true?

I dont know, we have a VIP622 and a 625 and we have the 500 dish with a wing dish pointed to the 61.5, we just had our HD upgrade in December. I guess it would all depend on your dish placement and the visiblity...but we have never had a signal problem even after the hurricanes a couple years ago

To me the 1000 looks like a nicer/bigger dish making it better to hold signal to the SATS in space is that true?

Not true......500 has to only balance the signal of 2 satellites.

1000.2 has to balance the signal of 3 satellites, so if you get one perfect the other 2 have to lose something.

No HD....you get that measly little 500 dish...:mad:

It depends where your locals are.

If they are on 110 you'll get a 500.

If they are on 129 you'll get a 1000.2.

They won't give you a 1000.2 if you don't require it.

I believe the only locals on 118 are in HD, which the OP stated hes getting 2 625's, I don't see him needing to point to 118 unless hes purchasing international channels.

129 is a hard pull for the eastern part of the country, so you'll be using 61.5 instead. Watch for AMC-14 to go up on the 14th of March.

You'll get 110 and 119 from the 500 and 61.5 from a wing dish, or a 300 as we call it here. You cannot get 129 or 148 from there. Higher coordinate numbers (in reference to longitude) mean that the sat is farther west. 61.5 and 148 are the eastern and western bookends of the Dish system, and they also own 157 (no sat there, though E*4 once parked there). There's 121 (deprecated), 118.75 (internationals and some HD locals), and 105 (deprecated) too, all of which require special dishes to interpret the polarization.

AGAIN, the 625 is an SD box.

All you need is 110 and 119, so you will get a Dish 500.

READ the posts, people!!

Not true......500 has to only balance the signal of 2 satellites.

1000.2 has to balance the signal of 3 satellites, so if you get one perfect the other 2 have to lose something.

No HD....you get that measly little 500 dish...:mad:
Measely?...Umm the Dish 500 antenna is quite efficient for capturing plenty of signal for excellent reception.

Hey guys i just wanted to know what dish dishnetwork would give me? I am getting 2 dvr625 boxs? Is it the 500 or the 1000? To me the 1000 looks like a nicer/bigger dish making it better to hold signal to the SATS in space is that true?
Both receivers are standard defintion . Therfore you'll get the dish 500 antenna.

It depends where your locals are.

If they are on 110 you'll get a 500.

If they are on 129 you'll get a 1000.2.

They won't give you a 1000.2 if you don't require it.

Sure we do. In fact, most of us in the office put up 1000.2 dishes on almost every job as a matter of course. It makes future HD upgrades quicker when the customer goes out and buys that new big screen then wants a 722. If the job was originally done with a 1000.2, just swap the box out. That's it. Thank you, drive through.

Sure we do. In fact, most of us in the office put up 1000.2 dishes on almost every job as a matter of course. It makes future HD upgrades quicker when the customer goes out and buys that new big screen then wants a 722. If the job was originally done with a 1000.2, just swap the box out. That's it. Thank you, drive through.
really... We have to go by the hardware listed on the w/o. We cannot install a programming inapropriate dish because DNS will not pay us for that change. So the deviation from the w/o would at our expense. Plus there is no guarantee we would get the upgrade work order is there ever was one...Also, this is a 118.7 HD DMA..So an even more expensive D-1000 plus and a DPP 44 switch would have to be installed..Again, at our expense. Not happening.

really... We have to go by the hardware listed on the w/o. We cannot install a programming inapropriate dish because DNS will not pay us for that change. So the deviation from the w/o would at our expense. Plus there is no guarantee we would get the upgrade work order is there ever was one...Also, this is a 118.7 HD DMA..So an even more expensive D-1000 plus and a DPP 44 switch would have to be installed..Again, at our expense. Not happening.

I can imagine that would be the case for you, if you're a sub or work for a RSP. At DNS we have more leeway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)