What satellite do I need for DC locals in HD?

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
I'm hoping to upgrade soon to a newer receiver that will allow me to get my locals (DC area) in HD, what satellite will I need to have, if any? I currently only have 1 dish outside that gets 110 and 119. Thanks.

Aaron

* Also, the single dish I have has 2 coax cables going to it (for 2 receivers inside), can I add the extra dish needed for the HD locals and still get them without adding any additional coax runs inside the house?

61.5 and much of the rest of the HD programming is there as well. When they come out to install they will install a second dish.

I'm hoping to upgrade soon to a newer receiver that will allow me to get my locals (DC area) in HD, what satellite will I need to have, if any? I currently only have 1 dish outside that gets 110 and 119. Thanks.

Aaron

* Also, the single dish I have has 2 coax cables going to it (for 2 receivers inside), can I add the extra dish needed for the HD locals and still get them without adding any additional coax runs inside the house?

I had this done last summer. The installer will add a second dish and lnb for 61.5. In my case he converted my Dish 500 LNB to a Dish Pro Plus. It has a switch built in it. Then he just ran a RG6 cable from the new 61.5 dish to the new LNB Plus. input. The number of cables coming into your house is unaffected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts