What satellite I am on?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
C-band trying to scan 83W, but I have a bunch of unknown channels, they're all scrambled , all DVBS-2 Vertical at 3853 SR8849
American stuff, cnbc, foxnews, msnbc, and then sky, bbc, "primeUS" and PrimeTelly...and a card for MTN Communications. Never saw this stuff before, where is my dish pointing this time?

Thanks chapelrun, I had hoped my actuator hadn't gone off into the eastern side of the hemisphere, somehow. That just means this c-band lnbf STILL IS NOT RIGHT!
It's almost 'hamma time', lol. Maybe I'll get lucky and turn the !@!@$thing the right way tomorrow before the rain gets here.

C-band trying to scan 83W, but I have a bunch of unknown channels, they're all scrambled , all DVBS-2 Vertical at 3853 SR8849
American stuff, cnbc, foxnews, msnbc, and then sky, bbc, "primeUS" and PrimeTelly...and a card for MTN Communications. Never saw this stuff before, where is my dish pointing this time?

I locked this same sat just the other night trying for 83 W too and was unsure about posting to ask about it because I couldn't find the channels on it in any list. That MTN Comm channel ITC shows a splash screen displaying stats for 20 W and two Eastern sats, which really confused me because I know I'm not receiving Eastern sats and I'm pretty sure 20 W is too far down the arc for me to receive.

Lyngsat and other charts show none of those channels on 83 W and I saw none of the channels listed on Lyngsat, etc, for 83 W [PA Cable network, Enfoque Radio, etc,] on that sat. 3854/08850/H is what it scanned in on mine as.

Last edited:
This is for sure strange, I cannot find this either.

Read this: http://www.mtnsat.com/mtn-solutions/broadcast-services
MTN Worldwide TV
MTN Worldwide TV is the world’s first fully digital, licensed, multi-channel television service delivered globally to the maritime industry. Leveraging MTN's global satellite network and advanced technology, passengers and/or crew aboard vessels can enjoy watching diverse news and entertainment programming from major international television networks, with no interruption.

With MTN Worldwide TV, passengers and/or crew can stay informed and entertained while they are away from home. In addition, customer internal networks can also be integrated to MTN Worldwide TV for a comprehensive and customized line-up of news and information.

For one low monthly fee, MTN Worldwide TV offers live channels from seven major U.S. and international television networks.
MTN Worldwide TV uses three overlapping satellite beams that integrate seamlessly with a 2.4 or 1.5 Meter Television Receive-Only (TVRO) antenna and onboard video distribution system to make installations quick and easy.
MTN ensures viewers receive reliable, uninterrupted service as they are also the operator of the global satellite network and the content.
Premium Channel Line-Up:
BBC World News
CNBC
Fox News
MSNBC
Special Events Channel (Delivered by MTN)
Sport 24
Prime Telly
Prime US
Engage
Plus foreign language content in Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese

You found one of a 'secret' satellite for the shipping/ Maritime industry...

I can't find what actual sats they are broadcasting from so far, but here is some more info: http://www.mtnsat.com/mtn-satellite-capabilities/mtn-coverage

I suppose in a case such as this, somebody could call them and pose as Thurston Howell III, and say you are about to launch your 100ft yacht, and ask them for the satellite info... LOL

Last edited:
Pretty sure you got it right, Primestar31. Those channels are all on there plus a few others. Twelve total, I pick up. Now if I can find out it's orbital position it'll be good for a point of reference. thanks!

Ok , that is puzzling, and maybe it isn't 83 after all. I should've looked today where the dish was pointing , while the sun was up, before I turned the lnbf CCW a bit in the scalar.
Unfortunately, I have to run the dish over to 123 or so before my ladder will reach it-I had to plant it on top of a rocky hill to get over the trees, hard to work on though.
Maybe I found one that was unlisted? LOL I know it wouldn't pick up that PA tv network it usually gets when it's supposedly on 83w.

It very well COULD be 83w, just with a hidden transponder that isn't listed anywhere freely viewable. Lyngsat only posts what others send them, and as far as I can tell, they don't check it, or hardly ever remove it.

I'll go back after Perry Mason ends and see if it still comes in. I had adjusted my c-band lnbf by twisting it CW about 3/4" since it seemed to be losing out on one polarity of sev satellites. Until I'd done that I had never seen those channels before. Wish I could sub to them!

edit: Yep they're still there, getting 85/85 signal with the 10' dish. AND I must've fixed the skew problem because now I am getting PA Cable network, same signal levels.
These must just be a new addition, or temporary to 83W.

Last edited:
That is 83W. I just found it yesterday while doing a blind scan. Without moving my dish I can flip to ku and watch the 3 luken channels.

I'll go back after Perry Mason ends and see if it still comes in. I had adjusted my c-band lnbf by twisting it CW about 3/4" since it seemed to be losing out on one polarity of sev satellites. Until I'd done that I had never seen those channels before. Wish I could sub to them!

edit: Yep they're still there, getting 85/85 signal with the 10' dish. AND I must've fixed the skew problem because now I am getting PA Cable network, same signal levels.
These must just be a new addition, or temporary to 83W.

This weekend I'll have to check the skew on my dish and see if I can get the PA network there. Damn! I adjusted my skew a week or so ago and thought I had it good. Oh well, it can't be too far off. Good to know that sat is indeed 83 W!

Could it be MTN here: http://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-903.html

34.5W

Your SR is correct.

According to Lyngsat Fox News is ITCas well as the Info Card and KNR TV

If you are there I'd be really interested to know if Fox News is ITC

Hmm....those are the same channels on 34.5 W, too. I wouldn't think that I could get 34.5 W from my location, but I'll try to check it out further and find out for sure what I'm pointed at. This weekend I'll move the dish and then go out and look and see where it's pointed.

No way, those channels are on 83 (unless the Pennsylvania cable network is on 34 too , lol).
There's not any of them unscrambled, except the PA channel and that MTN card. And no way could I see 34W from here, there's a 1100' mountain in the way.

See post #7 from me with the links. They clearly say they cover the WORLD with satellites for the Maritime industry. So, I'm sure they duplicate their mux on multiple satellites.

The only channel I have clear is the slate which shows the maritime broadcasts from 57E, 180E, and 20W. According to their site the have a network of C-Band and KU transponders and a system to keep you connected from footprint to footprint.

See post #7 from me with the links. They clearly say they cover the WORLD with satellites for the Maritime industry. So, I'm sure they duplicate their mux on multiple satellites.

According to available data the footprint is Global. Listed on Lyngsat MTN are on 1 W sat and 2 E sats

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts