What should be wrong !!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nairgh

Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Hi Friends,

I am trying to get galaxy 25 at frequency 11898 GHz. My CW600S Premium receiver is getting signal from frequency 12200 GHz and above from the dish. The transponder is listed in the lyngsat for galaxy 25. I adjusted the dish and finally give up. What should be wrong. Is this is the problem of the lnb. I am using 33" dish and linier lnb for 97W. Any suggestions or comments. Your help is really appreciated.

I change the lnb frequency to 10750 but nothing shows up. It is showing signal only in lnb frequency 10600. Is this the problem of the lnb.

Thanks..

If you have a universal LNBF, set receiver to UNIVERSAL and the L.O. frequencies are 9750/10600. If you have a standard LNBF, set receiver to SINGLE and the L.O. frequency is 10750. The LNBF specifications should be printed somewhere on the LNBF. What make and model LNBF do you have?

If you have a universal LNBF, set receiver to UNIVERSAL and the L.O. frequencies are 9750/10600. If you have a standard LNBF, set receiver to SINGLE and the L.O. frequency is 10750. The LNBF specifications should be printed somewhere on the LNBF. What make and model LNBF do you have?

Hi Tron,

I am using GT-LST40C - Standard KU-Band Single LNBF. RF: 11.7-12.75GHz.

That LNB is a standard, so it should be set to Single, 10750.

Are you getting any other channels on G25 at all? If you are, you will more than likely need to fine tune the dish better to bring in that transponder. Start by skewing the lnb in its holder. If that doesn't work, then start moving the dish in very small increments.

If you are not getting any of the channels, then you may not be pointed at the satellite at all.

Hi schlever,

That LNB is a standard, so it should be set to Single, 10750.

Are you getting any other channels on G25 at all? If you are, you will more than likely need to fine tune the dish better to bring in that transponder. Start by skewing the lnb in its holder. If that doesn't work, then start moving the dish in very small increments.

If you are not getting any of the channels, then you may not be pointed at the satellite at all.

I am not getting any channel at all on G25. The signal strength is 68% and it scans 19/19 trnsponders and finally leave nothing. The sattelite finder on the specified postion where i am right now shows positive result. Can you tell me how to position exactly on clock wise to this position or any easy method i can use to position the dish. Thanks for your information and patience.

Thanks again !!

Are you getting any quality? Signal strength is just showing you are connected to the LNB, it is the quality strength you are wanting to have. If you have a small tv, take it and the reciever out to beside the dish.

If you have a compass, get the dish set in the general vicinity with your settings for elevation and skew, then do a sweep (side to side). Move the dish slowly, basically nudging it about 1/16" at a time, watching the signal meter on the dish. You want to watch the quality meter, which is going to jump around, but will change color and become more stable once you have a signal. When this happens, move the dish very very small increments till you can max out the quality, then tighten the screws on the side to side movement. Now begin working on the elevation or up and down fine tuning. With one hand, grip the top or bottom of the dish, then loosen the elevation screws. Move the dish very small increments up or down until you max out this signal, then lock it down. Now you can play with the skew. Slightly turn the lnb until once again the signal is maxed and then your done!

Are you getting any quality? Signal strength is just showing you are connected to the LNB, it is the quality strength you are wanting to have. If you have a small tv, take it and the reciever out to beside the dish.

If you have a compass, get the dish set in the general vicinity with your settings for elevation and skew, then do a sweep (side to side). Move the dish slowly, basically nudging it about 1/16" at a time, watching the signal meter on the dish. You want to watch the quality meter, which is going to jump around, but will change color and become more stable once you have a signal. When this happens, move the dish very very small increments till you can max out the quality, then tighten the screws on the side to side movement. Now begin working on the elevation or up and down fine tuning. With one hand, grip the top or bottom of the dish, then loosen the elevation screws. Move the dish very small increments up or down until you max out this signal, then lock it down. Now you can play with the skew. Slightly turn the lnb until once again the signal is maxed and then your done!

Hi schlever,
Thanks for the reply. I mean quality streangth i am getting. I feel like wrong lnb might be. I am going to have try another lnb and let you guys know what is happening.
Thanks..

Finally I got it

Hi Guys , :cool:

Finally I succeeded. I change the lnb. The elevation and azhimuth also wrong. I figure it out late and every thing is working fine with excellent picture quality. The satellite signal finder also helps me a lot. Thanks for all of you guys for sharing your valuable information and knolwdege.

Thanks Once Again !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)