What should I do?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cmetzger1960

Original poster
Dec 3, 2009
Tallahassee, Fl.
I just joined this forum and I have a question. I have a primestar dish (36") and a pansat 3500sd receiver. What LMB should I buy and where should I aim it for the best viewing? I instal Dish Network during the day so I have a meter and plenty of cable and fittings.

Thanks,
Chuck

I just joined this forum and I have a question. I have a primestar dish (36") and a pansat 3500sd receiver. What LMB should I buy and where should I aim it for the best viewing? I instal Dish Network during the day so I have a meter and plenty of cable and fittings.

Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck,

What kind of stuff do you like to watch? If you are a DN installer, you are probably familiar with their programming already. The FTA stuff isn't going to be anywhere near the same in content. But, it is free and really fun to search for. This is honestly a hobby and a labor of love.

My favorite FTA satellites are 30.0W, 72.0 W, 74.0 W, 83.0 W, 97.0 W, 101.0 W, and 125.0 W. These are for the Ku-band stuff, there is more on C-Band as well.

Take a look at "The List" here on this site, that will give you lots of the information that you are looking for.

And, of course, from all of us, we welcome you to SatelliteGuys! Hope you enjoy the site! Very glad that you joined us here!

RADAR

'bout the only things I can add to Ac's comments are:

- the existing LNB is fine for FTA
if it's bad, then any Standard (or even Universal) LNB would do fine.
Best you keep the original with its matching feedhorn, if possible.
(moreso on the elliptical dishes than the round ones)

- this site has a very simplified list of Ku satellites and programming.
It doesn't tell you the Cuba channel on 30°w has first run movies in English, with Spanish subtitles,
.. that PBS on 125°w requires an AC3 decoder for sound,
.. nor other amusing facts ...
So, you might want to camp out here and get to know the guys ('n girls) - :cool:

- and don't forget to adjust the skew of the LNB or the dish, as appropriate. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts