What should I do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

huck

Original poster
Apr 30, 2006
Hey everyone,

I dont know if anyone has the answer to this or not, but here it goes.

I'm moving in a couple of months and I've been a subscriber to directv for a while. I know they have better equipment out now, but wont give it to me without paying for it.

Should I cancel my account before moving, then re-sign up in my new house/new state? Or might I get dinged because I was a previous subscriber?

Any insight is appreciated.

huck said:
Hey everyone

Welcome to SatGuys!

I know they have better equipment out now

This is somewhat suspect; however they do have new techknowledgy availible: MPEG4

Should I cancel my account before moving, then re-sign up in my new house/new state? Or might I get dinged because I was a previous subscriber?

I would recommend keeping the length of service intact; especially if it is for 3 or more years in a row. That being said, do you have another person in the home that has never been a subscriber? You can use them.

No, I would recommend keeping the account if it has some good long history and try to work something out with retention. If not, and he has another person in the home, cancel the current account, move, and have the new user sign up for service.

Threaten to close your account and tell the rep you talk to that DISH is offering a better deal. My bet is that they will do whatever they can to keep your account. If they don't - then follow through and switch to DISH.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)