WHAT SIGNAL METER SHOULD I USE?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pickle3808

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
I'm planning on installing the new Slimline dish to my house and was curious to know which signal meter I should use? I understand it's not really a good idea to simply use the receivers alone to get the signal level because of the difference beteween the Ku/Ka bands.

I believe the two I've noticed the most were the AcuTrac22 Pro and the DigiSatIII Pro. Both look nearly identical.

Does anyone have any suggestions or any other meters that I should use instead? Also, I'm pretty handy when it comes to this stuff but it would be nice to know if there are any issues I should be looking out for when installing this dish. I'm assuming the most important factor is the signal levels and securing the dish, but I don't want any other surprises.

Thanks in advance!

If you have the money you can't go wrong with the Superbuddy or Birdog 4.0 meters.:)

The meter in the receiver works just fine if you can relay the display information.

A strong sturdy mount (with the optional support struts) as this beast gets happy in the wind. Level the mount plumb as usual (the center mount eyeball leveler that comes with the dish is perfect). I know nothing about the meters as they can patiently be aimed just fine now that all the birds are up there. You can search a few threads on this site for everybody's tricks/opinions but they can be aimed using the receiver; great practice for those future tweaks &/or moves you'll make down the road. :D

Does anyone have anything else to offer? I'm just doing this for my house so I'm not looking for anything fancy and expensive. Just something that will be accurate.

Does anyone have anything else to offer? I'm just doing this for my house so I'm not looking for anything fancy and expensive. Just something that will be accurate.

If you're only doing this once then do it like i did for myself. just use the signal meter of the box. it takes longer but that's the way i did mine and i just peaked it recently this same way. i know about the birdog because a friend of mine has it and i used it with him on an install he was doing and it worked great. if i had to do this more than once i would spend the money especially when installing a multi satellite dish. if it's once and for yourself then it isn't worth it. just use the box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts