What size is mast

Status
Please reply by conversation.

foxeye

Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
southeast USA
I currently have a dual LNB and an oval dish, 2 regular receivers and my dish sets in the middle of the front yard.

I decided to get HD and want to move my current mount, since I have heard they havce to puyt up a new dish for HD. I want to move my dish closer to my house alongside the Hughesnet Internet dish. All my coax is inside the walls or was run acrosss the attic ceiling, which is now 10+ years later covered in 24+ inches of blown in insulation.

What my question is I guess is do they have to run another run of coax for HD and what size diam pipe is needed for the mast. I want to install my own mast and have it ready for them come Monday, but I can not get any info from DTV or a local guy whjo installs sat TV's. All he says is whoever installs it will have what youb need. I call that bull hockey as I just do mnot think I should have to pay the so called $200 they charged for a 5 foot high fence post to mount my dish for the internet on and now again for a TV dish to get b mounted on.I am more than capable of digging the hole and setting a mast.

So the nuts and bolts of my question is, what diameter pipe is needed for mast 1.5" or 2". .and will they have to run more leads?

I only want a total of two receivers (one reg and one HD) in the house so is 2 leads thats already running into the house going to suffice?

I am not trying to be a cheapskate butr I live on a fixed retirement income and a buck is a buck and I can set a pole, all I need is the diam. Will set it at 5' height same as what my internet sat is set at.

any info appreciated

Last edited:
The HD dish will require a 2" OD mast.

The number of lines that will need to be run from the HD dish will depend upon what type of dish you are getting (Slimline or SWM), how many receivers you have, and whether or not a multiswitch will be required.

I currently have a dual LNB and an oval dish, 2 regular receivers and my dish sets in the middle of the front yard.

I decided to get HD and want to move my current mount, since I have heard they havce to puyt up a new dish for HD. I want to move my dish closer to my house alongside the Hughesnet Internet dish. All my coax is inside the walls or was run acrosss the attic ceiling, which is now 10+ years later covered in 24+ inches of blown in insulation.

What my question is I guess is do they have to run another run of coax for HD and what size diam pipe is needed for the mast. I want to install my own mast and have it ready for them come Monday, but I can not get any info from DTV or a local guy whjo installs sat TV's. All he says is whoever installs it will have what youb need. I call that bull hockey as I just do mnot think I should have to pay the so called $200 they charged for a 5 foot high fence post to mount my dish for the internet on and now again for a TV dish to get b mounted on.I am more than capable of digging the hole and setting a mast.

So the nuts and bolts of my question is, what diameter pipe is needed for mast 1.5" or 2". .and will they have to run more leads?

I only want a total of two receivers (one reg and one HD) in the house so is 2 leads thats already running into the house going to suffice?

I am not trying to be a cheapskate butr I live on a fixed retirement income and a buck is a buck and I can set a pole, all I need is the diam. Will set it at 5' height same as what my internet sat is set at.

any info appreciated

The HD dish will require a 2" OD mast.

The number of lines that will need to be run from the HD dish will depend upon what type of dish you are getting (Slimline or SWM), how many receivers you have, and whether or not a multiswitch will be required.

:up
Fox, you can also do a search on the site, there is a ton of info here on placing poles for dish.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)