What switch do I need?? 61.5 for CBS-HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RickyMac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
Phenix City, AL
Installer coming to install new dish. He will be installing new dish with quad and using my old dish to pick up CBS-HD. Is the direction 61.5 for the second dish? Also, what switch should he use. This guy no-showed the 1st install, I want to make sure he does the job correctly.

Cbshd

RickyMac said:
Installer coming to install new dish. He will be installing new dish with quad and using my old dish to pick up CBS-HD. Is the direction 61.5 for the second dish? Also, what switch should he use. This guy no-showed the 1st install, I want to make sure he does the job correctly.

CBSHD is on the Sat at 61.5 if you qualify to receive it? Only a small percentage of subs can get it. I assume that Dish told you it was available to you. Also are you going to use Dishpro LNBFS? How many receivers are you going to have? The 921 REQUIRES two exactly the same inputs to it.

I use DP equip with two lines coming off the Dish 500 (110/119) and a single line coming off my Dish 300 (61.5). These go into a DP34 switch (three lines in and 4 lines available out to receivers). I use two of them to the 921 and one of them to a 501. So I have one spare line left for future.

Hope this helps a little anyway.. Gerry

You didn't give us the information needed to answer your question.

Give us a list of your current equipment. Number and types of receivers, and your LNB/Switch configuration. If you don't know your LNB/Switch configuration you can find it on the Check Switch page.

Equipment

I have Dish 500 with double LNB. Before 921 I had 510 in Family Room and 2700 in bedroom.

921 now using both feeds. 2700 is disconnected. :mad:

It is 5:48 PM still no installer. Called Dish, CSR said installer would be here within 1 hour. You would think that since installer was a no-show on Wednesday that I would have been at the top of the list today. :mad:

921 compatibility question ...

Guys,

This is my first post. I have browsed many of these postings and read the reviews. I am still not sure exactly what I would need to upgrade to 921.

I currently have a Dish 500 (for programming from 119 and 110) and another dish for programming from 61.5. I have two receivers; a 501 DVR and a 3xx series in the bedroom. The system setup menu says I have a SW21 switch. I'd like to upgrade to the 921 (I can't give up DVR to get HD :). So I have a couple of questions:
- Do I need to run 2 more cables (for a total of 3) where the 921 lives? 2 for the two tuners in 921 and one more for OTA HD antenna?
- For the two tuners in 921, can I use some sort of a splitter instead of running another cable?
- What extra switch do I need? When I called Dish, the CSR just said installation would take care of whatever switch is necessary. But I am not convinced after reading the postings on this forum.

Thanks for your help.
-Kiron

kiron said:
Guys,

This is my first post. I have browsed many of these postings and read the reviews. I am still not sure exactly what I would need to upgrade to 921.

I currently have a Dish 500 (for programming from 119 and 110) and another dish for programming from 61.5. I have two receivers; a 501 DVR and a 3xx series in the bedroom. The system setup menu says I have a SW21 switch. I'd like to upgrade to the 921 (I can't give up DVR to get HD :). So I have a couple of questions:
- Do I need to run 2 more cables (for a total of 3) where the 921 lives? 2 for the two tuners in 921 and one more for OTA HD antenna?
If you are going to have 2 receivers (921 and 3XX), you would need 3 lines from the dish to the receivers. 2 would go to the 921 and one to the 3XX
- For the two tuners in 921, can I use some sort of a splitter instead of running another cable?
not at this time. In know Dish Pro Plus is coming out where you can do that (split a line), but the equipment is pretty spendy
- What extra switch do I need? When I called Dish, the CSR just said installation would take care of whatever switch is necessary. But I am not convinced after reading the postings on this forum.
They will probably switch the LNB's on the dishes out to DishPro and use a DP34 (3 inputs in...110,119,61.5) and 4 lines out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)