What switch?

browerjs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Beavercreek, OH
I'm doing DishMover at the end of the month and will be adding a 612 to go along with my 722 and 211. Unfortunately I wasn't able to add another 722 because I would be over 4 tuners. Anyways, I want to still use the Dish Seperator with the 722, so what switch will the tech need to install?

I just would like to have this info, so if he acts clueless I can ask him why he can't just install "X" switch...

(Also does anyone know if there is anyway to get them to allow you to lease 5 tuners?)

I'm doing DishMover at the end of the month and will be adding a 612 to go along with my 722 and 211. Unfortunately I wasn't able to add another 722 because I would be over 4 tuners. Anyways, I want to still use the Dish Seperator with the 722, so what switch will the tech need to install?

I just would like to have this info, so if he acts clueless I can ask him why he can't just install "X" switch...
(Also does anyone know if there is anyway to get them to allow you to lease 5 tuners?)

Just a simple cable splitter and you'll be good to go!!:up:eureka

I THINK rich was being sarcastic in his post......

The switch you'll need is either a DPP33 (3 orbital locations) or a DPP44 (4 orbital locations).

I THINK rich was being sarcastic in his post......

The switch you'll need is either a DPP33 (3 orbital locations) or a DPP44 (4 orbital locations).

Yeah, actually we really need to know what setup he has right now.

What kind of dish(es), which sats, what kind of lnb and/or switch??

More than likely he has a Dish1000.2 with a DPP Triple LNB. If so, all he needs is a 3rd line coming off the LNB for the 612 receiver.

Oops! I forgot he mentioned he was moving.

Still, it all depends on which sats he has line-of-sight too at the new house:

1 - 119,110, and 129 sats - Dish 1000.2 with DPP Triple LNB.

2- 119, 110, and 61.5 sat - 2 Dish 500s with 3 duals running into either DPP 33 switch, DPP 44 switch, or 2 DP 34 switches.

BTW, the DPP 33 switch is still hard to come by right now.

Last edited:
Yeah, actually we really need to know what setup he has right now.

What kind of dish(es), which sats, what kind of lnb and/or switch??

More than likely he has a Dish1000.2 with a DPP Triple LNB. If so, all he needs is a 3rd line coming off the LNB for the 612 receiver.

Oops! I forgot he mentioned he was moving.

Still, it all depends on which sats he has line-of-sight too at the new house:

1 - 119,110, and 129 sats - Dish 1000.2 with DPP Triple LNB.

2- 119, 110, and 61.5 sat - 2 Dish 500s with 3 duals running into either DPP 33 switch, DPP 44 switch, or 2 DP 34 switches.

BTW, the DPP 33 switch is still hard to come by right now.

I'm pretty sure that I had option 1 at my old house (haven't been there for 4 months now), my new house is in the same zipcode. It sounds like my install will automatically have the switch/lnb I need to still use my combiner.

In my new house I'm building I had 2 lines of RG6 ran to my three main viewing areas, but I'm going to want those lines to be utilized by something else, either Sirius or if I don't diplex OTA.

If I would switch out the 612 with a 622 would the 1000.2 LNB still work?

Yep, the LNB would still work as you would still only need 3 lines coming from it for each of the receivers.:)

However, that will put you right back into the "5-tuners" scenario.:(

Yep, the LNB would still work as you would still only need 3 lines coming from it for each of the receivers.:)

True, but I have an option where I can buy a 211 from a friend. So over the 2 year agreement I think it will be cheaper not having to pay an extra $7 a month for renting a 3rd box.

Is it a true statement that you do not have to pay an extra per month if you own a non-dvr box like the 211?

True, but I have an option where I can buy a 211 from a friend. So over the 2 year agreement I think it will be cheaper not having to pay an extra $7 a month for renting a 3rd box.

Is it a true statement that you do not have to pay an extra per month if you own a non-dvr box like the 211?

Actually, I just called them and they told me that I would have to pay $7 a month even if I own the box, so it looks like I'll just stick with the 612 (until they change there policy some time down the road and let you lease more then 4 tuners).

The advantage of a 622 over the 612 is that the 612 cannot do PIP/swap, the 622 can. I used swap this afternoon to watch NASCAR and the Olympics at the same time (almost).

The advantage of a 622 over the 612 is that the 612 cannot do PIP/swap, the 622 can. I used swap this afternoon to watch NASCAR and the Olympics at the same time (almost).

Yea, this is definately a downfall of the 612, however, I rarely use the PIP on my 722, so I guess IMO it's not worth the extra $150 to get the 622 and buy a 211..

Another question about the 612... Am I able to record up to 3 shows at once (1 OTA, 2 SAT), or am i able to watch one thing while recording something else? Originally I thought that you probably couldn't, but then I saw that the 612 has 2 SAT input, so I'm thinking that this is a possibility...

with a 1k2 dish, he would be able to hook up the 622 and the 612 with the 211. the 612 is capable of using a dppseperator. and the 612 is technically a dual tuner rec, but dish counts it only as a single tuner for leased rules promotions. infact, the 612 does not even require a phoneline connection unlike the 622 and 722. if his intentions were to use a 622 insingle mode anyways, then the 612 would be a cheaper option. the only differnece between a 612 vs a 622 in single mode is pretty much the PIP option. 612 is not PIP enabled.

with a 1k2 dish, he would be able to hook up the 622 and the 612 with the 211. the 612 is capable of using a dppseperator. and the 612 is technically a dual tuner rec, but dish counts it only as a single tuner for leased rules promotions. infact, the 612 does not even require a phoneline connection unlike the 622 and 722. if his intentions were to use a 622 insingle mode anyways, then the 612 would be a cheaper option. the only differnece between a 612 vs a 622 in single mode is pretty much the PIP option. 612 is not PIP enabled.

Yea, I've never used my 722 in dual mode... I pretty much want a box at every TV considering they are all HDTV... Since the only difference between 722/622 vs 612 is PIP, I may just move my 722 to where I'll be watching the most sports since that would be the only situation where I'd ever use PIP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)