What to do if "Voom Conversion Office" called you

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Mr. Thompson from the "Voom Conversion Office" called you to switch to dish either through a pre-recorded message with call back number or if you had a live call and are on the Do Not Call registry, here is what you need to do.

1. Make note of the call-back number.

2. Make note of the time.

3. Go to www.donotcall.gov This is the website of the FCC Do Not Call Registry.

4. (Optional) On the left menu "Verify a Registration" You will be asked to enter your phone number and email. Your email need not be the one you registered with. It just needs to be your current email. Submit it. You will get an email verifying whether or not your number is on the DNC list.

5. If it is on the DNC list, on the main page is "File A Complaint"

6. Click it. You will need to enter your phone number, the approximate time of the call and the return phone number. Company name as well if you know it.

These guys have NOTHING to do with DISH. They are sharks that somehow got VOOM's customer list.

7. Burn the SOB bottom feeders. :D

8. Lather, rinse, repeat!!! ;) Actually don't repeat. hehehehehe It won't do any good. I am sure a complaint is only considered once.

9. Pop the top on a brewski and enjoy your time left with VOOM.

Good idea. I regularly check my caller ID and report names of companies to the "Do Not Call List" authorities when they call me without my permission. It could cost them $11,000 for each call they make. Thanks for the alert.

Tvlman said:
It could cost them $11,000 for each call they make. Thanks for the alert.

That is, of course, only IF the government chooses to pursue the matter. Unless there is a high-volume of continued complaints, the matter is not likely to be pursued. I think the FTC has only filed two or three suits.

I got that message this afternoon. Caller ID showed up as Intermetro Comm with a DC area code.

Off to the FCC I go...

I have 3 calls from them so far. All recorded messages from the Voom Conversion Team.

I have been on the list since day one of it's existence and they called me today. Unfortunately, their name and number was blocked and my wife could not remember the number Thompson left.

Yeah.. They have called my cellphone twice. So it costs me $ for them calling. Talk about annoying. It shows up as unknown number. What is the # you guys are reporting?

Only vooming for 6 weeks

And this afternoon I get a call from Thompson at Voom conversion. "Unknown Caller" on my caller ID. They certainly have an up-to-date listing from someone since I've only had voom since Mid-March.

ptech said:
I have been on the list since day one of it's existence and they called me today. Unfortunately, their name and number was blocked and my wife could not remember the number Thompson left.

Same here. If they call again, I'll file.

Indy said:
I have 3 calls from them so far. All recorded messages from the Voom Conversion Team.
Indy,

Don't forget Indiana has tougher laws than the national list. Make sure you file within the state system as well as at the FCC. IIRC there are also states that do not allow recorded messages (some allow recordings only if human is immediately available on the calling end). Get the Attorneys General of several states involved and the case will be bigger than the FCC. :D

JL

Anyone report it to Dish as well? I think it's crooked how they make it sound like they are part of Voom and Dish....

Scott

I have never received one of those calls yet. Howver, when I signed with VOOM I did it on-line. I wonder if that makes a difference the way you signed up with VOOM?

Ahem...

Ronald_Jeremy said:
7. Burn the SOB bottom feeders. :D

8. Lather, rinse, repeat!!! ;) Actually don't repeat. hehehehehe It won't do any good. I am sure a complaint is only considered once.

9. Pop the top on a brewski and enjoy your time left with VOOM.

Amen, Reverend!

Got my call ten minutes ago now you must select a number to talk to csr and another number on keypad to be placed on their do not call list. Im on national DNC list and now i dont have their number to report.

Yeah my call was press 1 to talk to CSR or 2 to do not call list, or something like that. No number on caller ID....

All's fair in love and VoOm death...I finally got the call yesterday. Have been on the DNC list since the day it premiered...the recording said press 1 to subscribe or 9 to put on their DNC list. I pressed 9, but filed a complaint anyway. The recording idenitifed Sam Thompson, and I used the number in a post from above that referred to Sam Thompson.

If that makes me bad..so be it...shoot me...it would be worth it to squash the slime.
SaiyanSmilie_anim.gif
Vicki