What to do with my new LCD TV?

Lets_Dance

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
I bought an LCD HDTV (Toshiba 32" LCD) and have some questions. I bought it with the intention of putting it my room, but I decided to be the nice roomate and put it in the living room, so my roomate could enjoy it as well.

Well, I am not sure if that was a good idea. He watches a lot of TV and I mean a lot. He basically sits there when he gets home from class and doesn't stop until 2am. It's on probably 10+ hours a day between both of our schedules. We alway watch it with it stretched to avoid burn in from the middle. My main question is should I really watch the amount of hours watched on it? How long does the bulb last?

If I put it in my room for me to solely enjoy it will probably only get 5 hours a day tops of use, that is the most I would watch it. A lot of times it might only be a couple hours.

The backlight on LCD's are usually rated at 30,000 hours I believe.

They're relatively cheap to replace also, don't sweat it.

The backlight on LCD's are usually rated at 30,000 hours I believe.

They're relatively cheap to replace also, don't sweat it.

Where do you suggest getting the bulb at? When I do a google search it looks they are all around $300+. To me thats expensive. Is there anywhere else I can get it cheaper?

Thanks.

to stretch or not to stretch

What's going to burn in the middle of an LCD screen?

The back light covers the entire area.
The LCD pixels are either on or off, and not affected by their state.
Whether light goes through them or is blocked has no effect, that I am aware of.

CRTs have phospher wear-out, and plasma TVs have a similar if accelerated effect.

I'd choose mode based on esthetics.

As for 5 or less hours a day versus 10 hours a day, either be a nice guy, or move. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts