What to look for in a used 4d receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
I am slowly putting together my BUD and have discovered that not all 4DTV receivers are equal.
What are the things to look for in a USED 4DTV receiver so they are subscribable? And work?
Are there any signs? ID'S to look for?

The Battery

neil_kc1 said:
I am slowly putting together my BUD and have discovered that not all 4DTV receivers are equal.
What are the things to look for in a USED 4DTV receiver so they are subscribable? And work?
Are there any signs? ID'S to look for?

IMHO...Try to find one where the battery has been replaced (The Lithium Battery is rated at about 10 yrs even though mine lasted at least 13 before I replaced it in the 920 before upgradeing to the 922.. The model 922 (newer) is a better unit with more feathures (inc AC-3) than the orig model 920! (I have em both) and the tuner is a little more sensitive than that of the 920....also the 922 can get a few more channels than the 920 can...

One caution...the 922 can have a bug with certain HDD200 (HD decoders) that Motorola will fix) I do not recall hearing about the bug in the 920....It affects the Starz HD channels where the 2 Starz channels will not stay locked on1
Hope this helps

Also one that says General Instruments on it will be older than one that says motorola on it (they bought GI)

Jeff

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.