What to use to add grip to a mounting pole

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Self-adhesive non-slip tape ( the kind used for stair treads gives great surface friction to minimize spinning on the mounting post. Never had a motor slide down a post, but a 90 degree tab on the top of the motor bracket would prevent it from slipping down the mast.

Not familiar with motorized dishes, but isn't there a way to bolt it? Seems a piece of all thread through the pole would keep it in place somehow.

Not familiar with motorized dishes, but isn't there a way to bolt it? Seems a piece of all thread through the pole would keep it in place somehow.

Yes there are ubolt and clamps but for some reason when they are tighten down the pole is still to slick for the clamps to bite down so when the motor moves east to west it's sliding out of position

Never had a problem like that. I snug up the bolts when aligning the motor on the pole. Then when all is tweaked I torque down the nuts being carefull not to over torque the nuts which could cause the pole to deform and go out of plumb.

These are the clamps that are not gripping right so I need to add grip or something to keep them from moving

ForumRunner_20131028_111027.png

Last edited:
Same brackets on my 380 and never had them slip. But they are on an official Primestar install-pole, which is painted and fairly thick too. Throw a big muffler clamp below the bracket and tighten that down, it won't go anywhere then.

I've always used a fence post gate hinge. The hinge post keeps the motor from sliding down while holding the motor bracket in place for azimuth adjustment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)