what type dish is this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aocch3

Original poster
Sep 8, 2014
It says slimline on it and nothing else. Had 4 wires coming out of it. Also, I'm wondering when I'm in my configure satalite screen on my receiver, H24, does it matter what type dish I select? I am connecting my receiver to one cable from the dish for now becausei don't have a switch. I have played with the 18" dish and slimline 3.
20140907_174448.jpg

Can you repost with a picture not macro-zoomed. Step back and take a picture of the whole dish. That way it also shows the LNB and any wires from the LNB.

It's the right kind of dish and lnb for the H24. You don't need a switch, but you will need a bbc connected behind the receiver. Use the multiswitch setting for the dish.

It's the right kind of dish and lnb for the H24. You don't need a switch, but you will need a bbc connected behind the receiver. Use the multiswitch setting for the dish.

Is the bbc necessary just for getting a signal from the dish? I thought that was needed only for HD.

Without the BBC you should be able to see SD channels.
But, how did you get that much mud on the cables with the roof mount?
I'd check the connections for corrosion.
The middle LNB (99,101,103) looks a bit iffy to me.

Yeah, that one with the hood ought to be cleaned, at least.

Is this a slimline 3? What are the 4 cables for? If it has 3 LNBs, why 4 cables?

It's an sl5, there are three lnbs inside the housing with the hood. All of the cables are the same as far as connections are concerned. Each will provide signal to one tuner.

It's an sl5, there are three lnbs inside the housing with the hood. All of the cables are the same as far as connections are concerned. Each will provide signal to one tuner.

OK. Thanks for all the good info!

A bbc has nothing to do with aiming the dish especially if he only wants sd.
If there's an H2x receiver involved, the TS is more than likely going to have to subscribe to HD anyway. To choose the HD channel over the DIRECTV SD version of the channel is surely beneficial.

The Ka downlinks are much more sensitive indicators of aiming accuracy so having access to them can have a refining impact on Slimline aiming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)