What type of amplifier will I need on a 300' cable run

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hey all,

I have a cable run at the office that is between 250' and 300' when pulled. Needless to say I have absolutely no signal for the receiver at the other end. Is there any type of in-line amplifier (or even an amp as the line comes off of the switch) that would amplify the signal enough to be picked up by the VIP 211?

The dish tech I spoke with told me I needed a channel master amp but did not know the model number. I tried an in-line one from sadoun (one of the non-powered +20 ones) which worked some but only passed through 119 and the receiver could not get 61.5 or 110.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Well I have other issues I won't get into again but it is RG6 with a solic copper core.

I sent this in a PM but just in case... Will the amp you linked to (the VWS 330 3x3 Kathrein Amplifier) distribute the full 3 satellites and amplify it enough so that the receivers at the end of the pull get the channels? Also I see that it is 3 x 3 does this go in the middle of the line pull or does it go immediately after the switch or before the multiswitch?

What I mean is, does this amplify the line coming out of the switch or the line going into the switch and if it's the line coming out, which is what I want, should it go directly after the switch or near the middle of the line.

Edit: Also, with that amp with there being no power source included means that an alternate power source would be needed, correct?

Lastly the amp I have that did not work was the SA01 in-line amp.

Last edited:
Duckydan,

I am afraid it is not clear to me the setup you currently have.

What type of dish you have?
How many cables from Dish to Switch?
What type of switch you have?
How many cables going out of switch to 211 and other receivers (if any)?

The amplifier linked above has the following INPUTS:
2x Satellite inputs ( 1x Vertical & 1x Horizontal)
1x Terrestrial input

and the following OUTPUTS:
2x Satellite outputs ( 1x Vertical & 1x Horizontal)
1x Terrestrial output

Basically:

V >----------AMPLIFIED---------------> V
H >----------AMPLIFIED---------------> H
T >-----------AMPLIFIED --------------> T

It requires 18V DC injection into the switch using a AC/DC power supply 18V, 650mA (not included)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)