What type of OTA antenna was installed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smackman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Hey everyone...

I'm trying to figure out what make/model of OTA antenna the D* installer put up on my roof. Hoping maybe someone out there paid attention when theirs was installed or can help identify by my description. I'm sorry my description is vague... and I can probably call the installer and find out what it was that they installed. Thought I'd give it a shot here, though.

The antenna looks like a big wing, essentially. It is about 3' or so wide/long. I'm located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area, installed by Bluegrass Satellite if that helps anyone.

Thanks!

Does it work well?

How far are you from the local towers, are there any obstructions in the way, and how does it perform?
Thanks, :)
Brad

I have the same one. It is a Winegard and I think the model number is something like DSV-????. Not sure of the model numbers, sorry.

Well, that's sort of why I want to see some specs on this antenna.

I'm 25 miles from Dayton, 18 from Cincinnati. There's a big radio tower 500' in front of my house towards Cincinnati. Last weekend, I got all channels from Cincy and Dayton ok. Now, down to 5 out of 11 channels. Trying to figure out if the antenna is directional or not... And if it is, I want to try to get D* back out there to adjust it.

That one is close, but not it. I think it is this one - bottom right hand picture:

http://www.winegard.com/offair/sensar.htm#gs

In any case, it appears to be a Winegard Sensar of some sort.

If that is the case, they are "bi-derectional". What 2 directions are they talking about, coming out of each side of the "wings" ? In other words, if my wings are pointing east-west, and the towers are generally north and south from my location, shouldn't I get that antenna turned 90 degrees?

The ones i've been putting up here in Buffalo that look like that are winegard gs-1000.i think they fall into the yellow catagory and have a range of about 20 miles.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)