What was that movie's name??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
OK, for those of you scifi fans out there. I'm going crazy trying to remember a movie I saw over 15 years ago. I don't know if it was American/British or what (was it even in English)?? The plot was "aliens among us" type. In the movie they were not bad guys. They were just trying to come and live on earth in peace (I think...). The way they did it was to take over the body of somebody right after they died (of natural causes, accidents, etc), but they're not responsible for the people's death. so, I think they were non-physical beings at least on earth and they needed the bodies to be able to remain here.

There was a guy as the main character in the movie and I think he either was investigating the phenomenon of "miraculous recoveries" of people of just bump into the issue. In the end, I think his pregnant wife dies, right after having the baby and then her body is taken over and they're all happy (or something like that...).

Fgsilva said:
OK, for those of you scifi fans out there. I'm going crazy trying to remember a movie I saw over 15 years ago. I don't know if it was American/British or what (was it even in English)?? The plot was "aliens among us" type. In the movie they were not bad guys. They were just trying to come and live on earth in peace (I think...). The way they did it was to take over the body of somebody right after they died (of natural causes, accidents, etc), but they're not responsible for the people's death. so, I think they were non-physical beings at least on earth and they needed the bodies to be able to remain here.

There was a guy as the main character in the movie and I think he either was investigating the phenomenon of "miraculous recoveries" of people of just bump into the issue. In the end, I think his pregnant wife dies, right after having the baby and then her body is taken over and they're all happy (or something like that...).
Do you recall any of the actors or actresses names that was in this movie?

Heck I don't! And that just drives me even more crazy!!! It was one of those movies that you pick up and kinda looks good then you rent. I can't even remember if the movie was in English or not! :eek: I've been googling like crazy but no luck so far!

steve615 said:
Do you recall any of the actors or actresses names that was in this movie?

Maybe "Millennium" (1989) by 20th Century Fox ?

Kris Kristofferson .... Bill Smith
Cheryl Ladd .... Louise Baltimore
Daniel J. Travanti .... Dr. Arnold Mayer
Robert Joy .... Sherman the Robot
Lloyd Bochner .... Walters
Brent Carver .... Coventry
David McIlwraith .... Tom Stanley (as David Mcilwraigth)
Maury Chaykin .... Roger Keane
Al Waxman .... Dr. Brindle
Lawrence Dane .... Captain Vern Rockwell
Thomas Hauff .... First Officer Ron Kennedy
Peter Dvorsky .... Don Janz
Raymond O'Neill .... Harold Davis
Philip Akin .... Kevin Briley
David Calderisi .... Raymond Leacock

Nope, Millennium has to do with time travel. This movie I want to remember has to do with Aliens. I'm checking netflix scifi alien list now!

charper1 said:
Maybe "Millennium" (1989) by 20th Century Fox ?

Kris Kristofferson .... Bill Smith
Cheryl Ladd .... Louise Baltimore
Daniel J. Travanti .... Dr. Arnold Mayer
Robert Joy .... Sherman the Robot
Lloyd Bochner .... Walters
Brent Carver .... Coventry
David McIlwraith .... Tom Stanley (as David Mcilwraigth)
Maury Chaykin .... Roger Keane
Al Waxman .... Dr. Brindle
Lawrence Dane .... Captain Vern Rockwell
Thomas Hauff .... First Officer Ron Kennedy
Peter Dvorsky .... Don Janz
Raymond O'Neill .... Harold Davis
Philip Akin .... Kevin Briley
David Calderisi .... Raymond Leacock

They rescued the people from the planes before the crash for repopulation and then put dead clones of the people on the planes. Actually, not a bad movie!

dfergie said:
But in Millennium they "rescued" plane crash victims before they died and used them to repopulate if I remember right...

Nope not that one. Meanwhile I'm bumping into some really funny Scifi movie titles such as: I Was a Zombie for the F.B.I.
Killer Tongue
Baberellas

ok, getting off track here...:D

charper1 said:
So that's not it either? I will keep thinking.

How about Alien Nation (1988)

With

James Caan .... Det. Sgt. Matthew Sykes
Mandy Patinkin .... Det. Samuel 'George' Francisco
Terence Stamp .... William Harcourt
Kevyn Major Howard .... Rudyard Kipling
Leslie Bevis .... Cassandra
Peter Jason .... Fedorchuk
Conrad Dunn .... Quint (as George Jenesky)
Jeff Kober .... Joshua Strader
Roger Aaron Brown .... Det. Bill Tuggle
Tony Simotes .... Wiltey
Michael David Simms .... Human Dealer
Ed Krieger .... Alien Dealer
Tony Perez .... Alterez
Brian Thompson .... Trent Porter
Francis X. McCarthy .... Capt. Warner (as Frank McCarthy)

I don't think so. Alien Nation later became a TV show didn't it? And the aliens were actual corporeal beings. The movie I'm talking about they were non-corporeal! thanks for trying though Charper!:)

charper1 said:
How about Alien Nation (1988)

With

James Caan .... Det. Sgt. Matthew Sykes
Mandy Patinkin .... Det. Samuel 'George' Francisco
Terence Stamp .... William Harcourt
Kevyn Major Howard .... Rudyard Kipling
Leslie Bevis .... Cassandra
Peter Jason .... Fedorchuk
Conrad Dunn .... Quint (as George Jenesky)
Jeff Kober .... Joshua Strader
Roger Aaron Brown .... Det. Bill Tuggle
Tony Simotes .... Wiltey
Michael David Simms .... Human Dealer
Ed Krieger .... Alien Dealer
Tony Perez .... Alterez
Brian Thompson .... Trent Porter
Francis X. McCarthy .... Capt. Warner (as Frank McCarthy)

Yep at least a partial title or one actor would be the ticket; maybe even the exact year. I guess I will give up for now. Good luck!

ask using what you stated at the top of the thread.

I asked for "what is the name of the song in MIB" and got the right answer!

Strange Invaders....

I believe the title you're looking for is Strange Invaders. I remember the movie from your description, but I couldn't remember the name. I could see the faces of the main characters, but I couldn't remember their names. I thought of Paul somebody, no help there. I remembered the girl was in the movie "Philadelphia Experiment" with Michael Pare. I searched "Philadelphia Experiment" and found/remembered her name to be Nancy Allen. I searched Nancy Allen and found the name of what I believe to be what you are looking for. "Strange Invaders". Hope this is it.

Al

hmmm could that be it? I read the plot line but it doesn't sound quite like what I remember. I'd have to watch it again! I have the feeling though that it was some obscure foregin movie!

UPDATE: You know after reading the review more carefully I don't think that's the movie I was thinking about, as I don't remember any violence in that movie. I do remember a scene where the government (?) starts to figure it out that something is different with these people and put them all together in some room for questioning. When they come back to talk to them, they just find everybody dead (as the aliens left their bodies!).

Thanks!

voomvoom said:
I believe the title you're looking for is Strange Invaders. I remember the movie from your description, but I couldn't remember the name. I could see the faces of the main characters, but I couldn't remember their names. I thought of Paul somebody, no help there. I remembered the girl was in the movie "Philadelphia Experiment" with Michael Pare. I searched "Philadelphia Experiment" and found/remembered her name to be Nancy Allen. I searched Nancy Allen and found the name of what I believe to be what you are looking for. "Strange Invaders". Hope this is it.

Al

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)