what were to happen

rvanya

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
622 delivered today. Install isn't scheduled until May 19th I believe. What were to happen if I just plugged the bad boy in. I'm in Northern Oklahoma and have 2 dishes for sats 110,119,61.5. Based on experience, I really don't want the installer pulling stuff out and messing with my equipment because last time that happened, it took 2 months to get things back like the way they were before he showed up. He hadn't been doing it long and I think my system was confusing to him. He hadn't heard of diplexers which I thought was an ominous sign from go. Anyway, can I plug this damn thing in and it work or would I have to call the Dish dudes and have it activated and get shot down.

are you replacing it with a 942 or something?

If you're already "installed" and don't need the installer just call up and close the work order to get it activated

I'm replacing a 942 with the 622. I never could get a straight answer from the guy I talked to on whether I needed a dish 1000 or not. I almost would like to get the 1000 just for completion sake. But I don't understand why I have to wait for an installer to plug the 622 up unless they have to do some of their magic.

rvanya said:
should i continue with the dish1000 install?
You have options. If you're making any programming changes you might need the D1000 to receive 110/119/129, or you could swing and peak the 61.5 dish to receive 129. Others who can use the D1000 have preferred the 2-dish option due to a better ability to locate and optimize for 129. YMMV. If your LIL HDs are or will be on 129 and you plan to sub. to them then you'll have to make one of these changes regardless. Might be best to let the pros do it...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)