What will "D" do to get a 7 yr "E" customer to switch ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
I've been a top tier Dish customer for 7+ years at $120 / month with HD, AEP, locals, Supers, 3 receivers - the works. I've seen all the typical promos etc but am wondering if I call DTV what I could likely talk them into for me to switch to their equivilent package.

What's the best deal that others that have done this gotten ?

"D" getting Fox HD is kind of the last straw and although I expect E will get it too eventually, the writting on the wall seems to favor "D". Plus I'm sick of the equipment and service problems I've had with E this year. I've tried to remain loyal to E but my patience is running out.

WaltinVt

I was in the exact same position you are. I just left E* last month after 6 years.

I simply watched the CC and BB ads and waited until one of them had an additional rebate the other didn't. I got 3 dual tuner 70hr units and after rebates, my out of pocket was $50. Then I sold my E* stuff on Ebay and made $400. If your worried about service, you can even get the CC or BB warranty for about $29 per unit for 3 years, much less than the $8.99 D* wants to charge per month.

As for service, the Total choice premium is $90.99 which has everything, add the Tivo fee, additional receiver fees, and the HD fee and you would be at the same monthly cost with 3 dual tuner 70 PVR's.

TiVo is so much better than my old E* PVR's. It's been just over a month at D* and I have not had to reboot my PVR's once or missed a show because they locked up.

Change is good!

Just a quick not if you have total choice premier you do not pay the tivo fee it is free. You do however pay mirroring fees if applicable.

I would say check out some of the sponsors of this forum such as value electronics for some new subscriber deals. They sometimes offer better deals then D* for new subs.

They are have $80 referals ($50 for some) if you let one of us refere you.

I am sure any of us would be glad to split that with you. 25% seems fair.
You get $60, I get $20. (or $40/$10 for those with the $50 referals).

(PM) Private Message any of us if your interested.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)