What will happen to the equipment?

i'm sure it will go back to voom but we aren't going to have to worry about cause there not going anywhere anytime soon

t

Voom

TYORK said:
i'm sure it will go back to voom but we aren't going to have to worry about cause there not going anywhere anytime soon

t

TYORK i hope your right i guess no News is good News we could only wait and be patient Voom should tell us something soon. :D

honestly I think we could keep it, why would they pay to pick up useless equipment?

Voom

smeagal said:
honestly I think we could keep it, why would they pay to pick up useless equipment?

I would like to keep it would be a good to remember what true HD channels was like. :D

When I cancelled E* :D last month, they sent me a box to ship the two units and LNB back to them. I was also told that I had 15 days to return them, or be charged FULL price for the DVR and base unit.

I would think that VOOM would do the same.

David D. said:
When I cancelled E* :D last month, they sent me a box to ship the two units and LNB back to them. I was also told that I had 15 days to return them, or be charged FULL price for the DVR and base unit.

#1 they dont have a means to charge me.
#2 IF they want it they had better come get it.

I dont think either will happen, it would cost too much to retrieve them.

victap said:
Can anyone tell me what will happen to the equipment in case Voom folds?

Please don't take offense...but this question is asked at least once a month. Would suggest you do a search or better yet...just watch VOOM and see if anyone pulls the plug. If that did happen... you would be notified what the policy would be. You can't change that or what will or will not happen. Just enjoy.

David D. said:

Does Dish allow self installs? If so then I can see the "You box it and ship back" attitude. In the case of Voom tho, since its not "supposed" to be user installable , I think they would have to send someone to retrieve it. Heck they wont even send you a unit for swap without having a tech show up to do it from what I understand

Voom losing the satellite Rainbow 1 is a temporary problem.

Voom has more satellies on order from Lockheed Martin. The first one is schedule to be delivered in Sep 2006. I have not heard of Voom canceling the contracts for these birds. (I actually recall something about Voom telling Lockheed to continue the build... but I can't find that right now.)

For more info you can read:
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=36328

roland

I was wondering when someone would bring up the birds on order. I read on one of these many threads that Cablevision has already paid for the new birds. I don't have time to search for the specific thread now, but it sounded like a done deal. As a side note, the trucking company that hauled the new mars orbiter from Lockheed to DIA was suppose to haul a pedestrian bridge for us last week. Guess there was more money in hauling the rocket.

David D. said:

I do not think so .... "E" wanted the boxes back because they had other customers that they could sell the the boxes too... But If and i hope never that voOm folds, but if they do I do not see why they would want to pay all the money to have boxes sent back to them, to just put them out with the trash....

If VOOM folds and they don't collect the STB, no need to put it on the trash. You would still be able to get the HD locals with the built-in OTA tuner.

Night Train said:
I was wondering when someone would bring up the birds on order. I read on one of these many threads that Cablevision has already paid for the new birds. I don't have time to search for the specific thread now, but it sounded like a done deal. As a side note, the trucking company that hauled the new mars orbiter from Lockheed to DIA was suppose to haul a pedestrian bridge for us last week. Guess there was more money in hauling the rocket.

Stall the sale of Rainbow 1 with the FCC approval a bit. Accelerate the delivery of the first bird from Lockheed... Voom has a new bird to broadcast from when they sale Rainbow 1.

Okay, it might cost a little bit of money to convince Lockheed to speed up the delivery of a satellite. However, this might be possible.

David D. said:

I did this when I got Voom. I sent 3 units and the LNA in three boxes they sent. D tryed to tell me that I didn't ship the LNB back and they were going to charge me for it. Good thing I took a picture of it in the box and kept the tracking numbers. So watch your back. :eek:

Fortunatly I got my DTV back when they had a good deal on instal and equip so its all mine and if/when I completely cancel DTV wont have to futz with returning a dang thing, thank goodness :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)