What will I need to upgrade to 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ccash

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Long Island
Long Island NY -

Current configuration:

Dish 500 110 & 119
Dish 300 61.5
SW-64

Currently using 4 receivers

If I deactivate one of the receivers and replace it with a 622, would I still need 5 feeds right? Would I need to change out the SW-64 to a powered switch or is there some other way to gain another line from the current setup? It would be difficult to get power to the current switch location.

If you wish to maintain 5 rooms for independent viewing and still use your current LNBs, then yes...5 sat feeds are needed. My recommendation would be to do away with your Legacy set-up and use a DPP44 switch. It's a bit pricey...but it will save you from having to run a new feed

webbydude said:
If you wish to maintain 5 rooms for independent viewing and still use your current LNBs, then yes...5 sat feeds are needed. My recommendation would be to do away with your Legacy set-up and use a DPP44 switch. It's a bit pricey...but it will save you from having to run a new feed
I agree with webbydude (great Avatar, BTW! Looks like my cat who occasionally misplaces his tail under the rocking chair...!) The DPP44 would allow one feed for both sat. inputs on the 622 using the separator that comes with the 622. The only problem is that E* is currently in short supply of the 44, so the tech may try to talk you into other options if you're planning to upgrade soon. You might be able to find a 44 in advance from another source. If you don't want to pay for it all yourself (~$190?) you might have some leverage with the installer or *E if they were planning an alternate installation. In any case, hold-out for the 44. The power inserter can be quite remote from the switch itself, even at the receiver end of whatever line comes out of port 1 of the switch. In my installation it's about 40' away.

Last edited:
ccash, the SW64 is a powered switch. The DPP44's power inserter can be put in the same place presumably behind the receiver.

If you only need 4 rooms of independent viewing you could deactivate 2 of your receivers and run 2 lines to the 622 from the SW64. With the DPP44 though you can connect a dual tuner receiver in any room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts