What will will hear today from Cablevision/Voom/Chuck ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
So far, MUMS the word to customers of VOOM on the so-called 'FINAL DAY' of the arrangement/deal between SON and FATHER about the future of VOOM...at least an 'official' word.... :confused:

madpoet said:
Gee Phil, someone pee in your wheaties this morning?

Yes, got a power spike at work yesterday of > 170 volts for 40 minutes.

Blew out 43 desktops, and 14 batteries. Been up all night :(

I wonder that strange new games will be played at VOOM over the next 24 hours: Website Roulette, Who Pulled the Power, Duopoly, I Don't Have a Clue (aka The Jimmy Dolan Game), Cablevision Twister, Scramble [For Another Extension], Sorry...Dad!, You're Fired...Son! Today and Tomorrow should be very interesting to say the least.

Yeah PHIL...I TOO worked all last night...take a chill pill...was just thinking outload....and "stop wasting bandwidth" with the negative vibe....

I boldly predict that today we shall hear ... nothing.
And that I'll wake up tomorrow and watch Voom.

I hope they are around longer then 60 days. After watching a local ABC do a HD piece on TV last nite where there were VOOM plugs for HDNews and 40+ HD stations. The best part was they did the studio part of the show with a $3500 Sony HDcam and it looked great.

Which ABC affiliate did it air on? What city was it in? Was it about Voom specifically or HD in general?

barstonetv said:
Which ABC affiliate did it air on? What city was it in? Was it about Voom specifically or HD in general?

The Boston one.
Chronicle LINK

It talked about "HD 101" and shows program that are in HD and how Boston sports teams were the 1st in the nation to all HD. It talk about HDNews and what Voom offer. It said Dish and Direct had some but VOOM was the motherload of HD. It had ESPN's representative saying it will take 3-5 year for ESPN-HD to have 50-75% of it's programs in HD and close to decade to be 100% full HD.

THIS JUST IN.....

Home Video News

VOOM Gets Large Investment
Thursday, March 31 @ 12:30:00 PST

Cablevision chairman Charles Dolan told FCC officials that he would personally put a $400M stake in the struggling satellite service.

"Everyone who follows the VOOM story knows that Cablevision chairman Charles Dolan looks at the HDTV satellite service as his own pet project. Now Dolan reportedly is really putting his money where his mouth is. Dolan told FCC officials that he will make a $400,000,000 personal commitment to save the struggling satellite provider and Cablevision has plans to raise even more money to keep the project afloat. The catch is that Dolan wants the FCC to nix the deal that would have sold VOOM’s satellites to Dish Network."

salsadancer7 said:
THIS JUST IN.....
Cablevision chairman Charles Dolan told FCC officials that he would personally put a $400M stake in the struggling satellite service.
Isn't that what was stated in the Monday's FCC filing?

got to remember that if it is VOOM news...it will be on SatelliteGUYs before it hits the press. The $400 million is old news. Home?Video News needs to have their guy wake up a day earlier to really keep up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)