What wiring changes will be required for Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have an interesting LOS problem. I'm receiving 61.5 and 72.7 from separate dishes on my garage. Can I replace the 500 dish used for 61.5 with a 1000.2 with the new LNB serving only 61.5, and pick up 72.7 with the wing dish port?

I still have a dish for 110/119 connected on another part of my house. I assume that I can dispose of that dish and of the associated wiring and switches to clean up my install.

Yes.. You would use .2 EA DPH and Wing Dish.. Best bet you would need to block off one the eyes. 2 EA DPH. New lnbf does have input.. It can be done..

Sorry if this has been answered, but will there be a 4K wireless Joey available?
It is a little late to be asking this question with the show being over and done with and the associated resources no longer at hand.

As is almost always the case with unannounced products, anyone who knows with any authority is bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement not to say anything about it. There doesn't appear to be any public evidence (typically FCC filings) that such a device is in the works and that suggests that if there is to be such a device, it is some months away. To be safe, don't plan on it.

Well it may be a little late, but I got a very quick response from Scott which is what I was hoping, figuring he would be the one that would have the current information.

I think you should get a 2nd opinion.
Don't forget that we're currently in the Winter season and pretty soon, the obstructions may be leafing out. For all we know, 72.7W may go away when that happens.

That said, you can often do magic with a well-placed pole mount.

...That said, you can often do magic with a well-placed pole mount.

61.5 is on the eave of my 2 story garage 50' from the house. 72.7 is on the peak of the garage roof looking through a different opening in the trees. There is no other location on the property with LOS due to large trees. For a winter install, that roof peak is probably a no go. the eave location for 61.5 served by 1000.2 with the new LNB with 72.7 plugged into the wing dish port (the wire already passes through the location) looks like the only solution this winter. That's why I asked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts